DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cabin Fever

Wizard765

Reactions
So I'm a new Mavic owner/pilot and so excited to get started.. BUT living in the Great WHITE North is making that very difficult. It's been pretty much snowing on and off for a week or so. Just before that was able to get out a couple of times to get my start.. I use to fly R/C planes and flying the Mavic is way easier than anything I've flown before BUT I so need to learn the camera and the intelligent flight modes etc..

The range on this is impressive and being able to fly and see what the craft is seeing is way beyond my past experience. Loving what little I did get to do.

All of my videos and pics so far have been pretty washed out or too bright. Learning how to dial that down is my next step (if it stops snowing). I ordered some ND filters from Drone Valley and they should be here soon. I'm guessing this will help somewhat.

My second day out I crashed. I was trying to get some photos of a friends house from different angles and failed to notice how tall the trees were on one side. Went sideways into a tree and came tumbling down. I was very upset and scared that it would be damaged. It looked OK except all the props were broken.. When I replaced them and took it up again the camera was shaking so bad it was impossible to see anything and I was getting gimbal errors.. I for sure thought I'd toasted the camera and had to send it back. Luckily I looked closer and noticed the gimbal had popped to the outside of a braked and was not suspended properly any more. I rectified that and now all is good again. This thing is remarkably durable.. It fell a long way through a bunch of branches and into some equipment.. Guess as well as well built I was also lucky..

Have not been able to get out since.. due to weather..

Anyhow that's my into.. looking forward to hanging out here and learning more about my new floating camera..

ND filters should fix your bright pics, especially with the snow. They are mandatory for video to remove the jittery look.

Congratulations on surviving your first crash. The gimbal is the weak link so if it is OK then the odds are the rest is good to go. Trees are Mavic killers.

ND filters should fix your bright pics, especially with the snow. They are mandatory for video to remove the jittery look.

Congratulations on surviving your first crash. The gimbal is the weak link so if it is OK then the odds are the rest is good to go. Trees are Mavic killers.

Thank you and I believe all is good.. I have learned a valuable lesson though and will be much more aware of my surroundings in the future

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2BUAV