DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cable for iPad Air 4

jmackenna

Reactions
Hi everyone. I just bought an iPad Air 4 and need a cable to connec it to the controller. Already bought a common one USB C to USB A in a local computer store and it doesn’t work. Have anybody bought a cable that works on Amazon. Seems that it need to be charging and data transfer one but not sure which one to buy.
Thanks to everyone. Cheers from Santiago de Chile.

Had an Ipad 10.1 then switched to an Ipad Mini.
Bought this cable on Amazon and works well.
Good Luck,

Hanatora 11.8 Inch USB C to iOS Nylon Braided Remote Controller Cable for DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone, 1FT OTG Tablet Phone Extension RC Data Cord(iOS Connector)

From what I see on the Apple site, the iPad Air 4 end of the cable must be USB C. You don't mention what model drone you have. My Mini 2 controller requires USB C. In my case I would need USB C to USB C to connect to an iPad Air 4.

I use USB C to lightning for my iPhone 6, iPhone 8, and older iPad 10".

Had an Ipad 10.1 then switched to an Ipad Mini.
Bought this cable on Amazon and works well.
Good Luck,

Hanatora 11.8 Inch USB C to iOS Nylon Braided Remote Controller Cable for DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone, 1FT OTG Tablet Phone Extension RC Data Cord(iOS Connector)
Thanks a lot. I’ll buy that one.
best regards.

From what I see on the Apple site, the iPad Air 4 end of the cable must be USB C. You don't mention what model drone you have. My Mini 2 controller requires USB C. In my case I would need USB C to USB C to connect to an iPad Air 4.

I use USB C to lightning for my iPhone 6, iPhone 8, and older iPad 10".
Oh, sorry ? I have a Mavic Pro. And from the controller is an USB A type connector.
cheers.

I'm thinking of buying the PGYTECH USB C to USB C for my mavic air2s to use for ipad air4.
I saw at their site that it is USB2. Will i have a problem with data transfer speed or i should get a USB 3 ?
Any suggestions? Thank you.

maybe this will do a better job?

I'm thinking of buying the PGYTECH USB C to USB C for my mavic air2s to use for ipad air4.
I saw at their site that it is USB2. Will i have a problem with data transfer speed or i should get a USB 3 ?
Any suggestions? Thank you.

maybe this will do a better job?

While I mostly use my Mini 5 I use a cheap USB C2 to C 2 cable with no issues for my Air 4. I believe the only thing the USBC C3 gives you is faster charging capabilities for certain cell phones/tablets. It's such a short length it's not going to cause transfer issues. Kind of like putting premium gas in a car that only needs regular. I'm still using a USB 1 cable without issue extended over 25 feet through 2 walls.

While I mostly use my Mini 5 I use a cheap USB C2 to C 2 cable with no issues for my Air 4. I believe the only thing the USBC C3 gives you is faster charging capabilities for certain cell phones/tablets. It's such a short length it's not going to cause transfer issues. Kind of like putting premium gas in a car that only needs regular. I'm still using a USB 1 cable without issue extended over 25 feet through 2 walls.
thanks. got the ipad yesterday. it has its own USB C to USB C cable and the length is perfect. I didn't think of that. WIll the ipad's usb c to usb c cable work? i'll give it a try.

Last edited:
thanks. got the ipad yesterday. it has its own USB C to USB C cable and the length is perfect. I didn't think of that. WIll the ipad's usb c to usb c cable work? i'll give it a try.
Yes, but I didn't use it because it was too long. I still prefer my Mini 5 over the iPad Air just because of the awkwardness of holding it up especially if you put a shade on it.

Thanks a lot. I’ll buy that one.
best regards.
I also have a iPad Air 4 (USBC!) with a Mavic Pro Platinum, so that cable won’t work. I just hooked up a USBa to a USBc and that didn’t work…. It did work if I used the little side cable though, just not the underneath usba socket. So keen to find out what cable I need!

i have just got a new ipad 10.9 i am looking cable type c to connect to mav mini se

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22