DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cable question.

MavicKhan

Reactions
If I want to use a cable longer than the original from the side port to a iPad Mini 2, what kind of cable am I looking for here?

Since the side port serves for both the provided USB-type cable and a lightning-type cable for an Apple or an Android device to be catered for, what kind of socket is the side one?

Thanks.

MK

I haven't seen any longer Lightning cables for the side port. You'll need a Lightning to Micro USB cable.

You can connect a longer cable to the bottom USB port. Make sure you disconnect the cable on the left side -- else the USB port on the bottom won't work.

I haven't seen any longer Lightning cables for the side port. You'll need a Lightning to Micro USB cable.

You can connect a longer cable to the bottom USB port. Make sure you disconnect the cable on the left side -- else the USB port on the bottom won't work.

Thank you for your input. :)

Yes, I know I can use the alternate USB port. It is actually what I've been using.

I have a very good USB-A to Lightning short cable but was experiencing some controller-to-tab disconnects.

I tested 2 alternate cables and came to the conclusion that the USB port on the controller is a bit wide, at least for the USB-A male plugs I have on my cables.

I took care of things by slightly adjusting the locking slats on the port and taping the base of the USB plug with a narrow strip of electrical tape all around.

The wiggling stopped and, today, I did not have a single disconnect.

Still, I would like to keep my options open (...even in the perspective of a back-up on the field...) and that's why I was asking.

Since you say it is a Micro-USB port, what I really need is a short cable with a male Micro-USB plug on one end and a right-angle Lightning plug on the other.

I wonder if these can be custom made...I'll check and post back here if I find anything.

MK

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147