DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cabo San Lucas 2018

Agree! Really nice! I would be "stoked" if I ever get my Mavic in a position to capture what you have there!

Appreciate it!
Yeah, all week leading up to the whale flight, they were always 1+ miles out and breezy winds. I captured these The Day we were leaving: bags packed, sitting on the balcony and bam! Only a couple hundred yards out and just scratching their bodies on the sandy bottom.

Grabbed my DJI I go-bag and ran down to the beach. Finally!

All flights were done with Litchi and a Taco RC ND16 filter, 'cept the fly up/pan down and the whales.

Reactions: genesimmons
Appreciate it!
Yeah, all week leading up to the whale flight, they were always 1+ miles out and breezy winds. I captured these The Day we were leaving: bags packed, sitting on the balcony and bam! Only a couple hundred yards out and just scratching their bodies on the sandy bottom.

Grabbed my DJI I go-bag and ran down to the beach. Finally!

All flights were done with Litchi and a Taco RC ND16 filter, 'cept the fly up/pan down and the whales.

Very nice. I’m going next week. Where did you fly from to get whales? Did you take off from the southwest pacific side? Can you share google pin for location?
Thanks!

I stayed at Grand Solmar. I flew from the beach here:
Dropped Pin
near Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico

Google Maps

If you have/ use Litchi, on the Litchi hub, you can find one of my missions with the unedited video. You can then save that mission to your mission list and fly it yourself. I also have a mission that follows the coast around Pedregal and another around the marina. Those aren't linked to the hub yet but can if interested.

Reactions: Z06Aggie
I stayed at Grand Solmar. I flew from the beach here:
Dropped Pin
near Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico

Google Maps

If you have/ use Litchi, on the Litchi hub, you can find one of my missions with the unedited video. You can then save that mission to your mission list and fly it yourself. I also have a mission that follows the coast around Pedregal and another around the marina. Those aren't linked to the hub yet but can if interested.

Ahh yes. I figured you’d take off from that beach. I’m not staying there so wasn’t sure if there was an easy pathway to the beach.
I see your flight path, nice! I may just modify to get marina side of el arco. I’ve been wanting to get that shot at low altitude. I’ve done from 300ft above, but it’s not as nice and couldn’t go lower based o my takeoff location.

I’d love to see your mission around the marina. Thanks for sharing!

I'm away from my PC until tomorrow but here's the link to the unedited marina mission:

If you'd like, I can add it to the mission hub later.

If you'd like, I can add it to the mission hub later.

Yes please. It will give me a good starting point for me to make elevation and camera position adjustments based on the video

Awesome video Any problems going through customs at San Jose del Cabo airport? Staying at grand solmar in 2 wks and I’m planning on bringing my mavic Air.

Hey man, have fun at GS! Kinda jealous!

I had zero problems or questionable looks going through the airports. The staff at the resort did mention that I should not fly over the resort.

Let me know if you put something together.

Enjoy!

Did you flew your mavic on the far left of Grand solmar? Way pass the spa area? I heard los arcis is a no fly zone for drones.

Amazing footage. Both the location and the drone/camera work. Smooth shots that are engaging and captivating

Did you flew your mavic on the far left of Grand solmar? Way pass the spa area? I heard los arcis is a no fly zone for drones.
I took off and recovered actually from Solmar. There's an area on the beach between Solmar and Terra Sol. I never walked down towards the arch to fly, but flew to it and around from my launch spot.

Amazing footage. Both the location and the drone/camera work. Smooth shots that are engaging and captivating
Thanks! It's a thrill to plan Litchi missions, tweak them and then fly. The results from this drone are amazing! Now, my video editing leaves a lot to be desired.

Spent a week down in Cabo recently and accomplished a goal: gray whales!

Thanks for watching!

Any issues with police/no fly zones/customs? Heading down in a couple of weeks and wanted to bring my mavic!

Any issues with police/no fly zones/customs? Heading down in a couple of weeks and wanted to bring my mavic!
No issues whatsoever. I have all of my mavic stuff in a lowepro bag, in a backpack with headphones, tablet...no ever bats an eye.

Enjoy and use my Litchi missions yourself.

Reactions: Sbrassfield
No issues whatsoever. I have all of my mavic stuff in a lowepro bag, in a backpack with headphones, tablet...no ever bats an eye.

Enjoy and use my Litchi missions yourself.

Much appreciated! Great video!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman