DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

cache maps

maxv77

Reactions
Anyone getting problems loading maps in the cache to then use off line in the field?
Both my crystalsky and new Samsung tablet will download maps and then show them in the list of offline maps.
But when I then turn off the Wi-Fi to check the maps (or in a field with no Wi-Fi) nothing!
Any know why it shows as downloaded but then not show when you need them ?
I'm starting to wonder if the DJI Crystalsky is just a very expensive screen that is proving a bit useless for drone flying!

Reactions: sitka_rn
yeah Ive seen this video. But Tom dosnt know that a lot of the viewers found as I did. That we dont have `cache maps in the background` in the settings. So this wont do anything to load and save the maps. But thanks for your your help

Anyone getting problems loading maps in the cache to then use off line in the field?
Both my crystalsky and new Samsung tablet will download maps and then show them in the list of offline maps.
But when I then turn off the Wi-Fi to check the maps (or in a field with no Wi-Fi) nothing!
Any know why it shows as downloaded but then not show when you need them ?
I'm starting to wonder if the DJI Crystalsky is just a very expensive screen that is proving a bit useless for drone flying!
Hello max, did you get the offline maps to load? I have the same issue with my crystal sky monitor.

Im still suffering the same problem, not able to view off line maps, they are downloaded to my device but not able to view them once I leave a 'wifi area', any help greatly appreicated

Hi. Mine now works after I deleted the go4 app and the reinstalled it. When your in reach of the wifi then look at the map where you want to fly. keep zooming in and look around the area on the map. Then hopefully when your on site the map will show. You can of course look at the map, then turn off your wifi to see if you can still see the map now your off line. hope this helps

I have no issues using the cached maps on my iPad Mini4 wifi only tablet.
I use the iPad's NATIVE mapping app, NOT Google maps!!
While still within a wifi connection area, I start the iPad's map app and go to the area I want to fly in.
I go into the satellite view and zoom in close enough to see street details and then just scroll around the entire area I plan to fly over.
Once that is done, I close the map app and then put the Mini4 to sleep. I DO NOT SHUT THE TABLET OFF, only kill the screen.
When I get to my flying area I bring up my Mini4's screen and proceed to start the Mavic as normal.
The map area I had previously cached shows up in the small window.
I have no idea how exactly this works on anything except the Mini4'

Reactions: MKGym
I'm not sure. I don't use a map app to save a map. I use the map within the go4app to zoom in and then it saves it from there. You shouldn't need to keep your tablet on to use it.

If your using a map app to look at an area. The go4app won't save anything. It dosnt use another app. It uses its own map within the go4app. I

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty