DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cache not recording while screen recording?

98 SNAKE EATER

Reactions
Tried screen recording my flight yesterday cause I wanted an overlay for flight data (iPad Air 2 iOS 13.5.1)

Screen recording worked fine, but when I tried to access the standard cache file, there was only a few seconds right up until I hit the screen record button

On my old MP1, I was able to save both cached files as well as screen recording

Did I goof somewhere or is this not an option with the DJY Fly app?

Tried screen recording my flight yesterday cause I wanted an overlay for flight data (iPad Air 2 iOS 13.5.1)

Screen recording worked fine, but when I tried to access the standard cache file, there was only a few seconds right up until I hit the screen record button

On my old MP1, I was able to save both cached files as well as screen recording

Did I goof somewhere or is this not an option with the DJY Fly app?
It is possible that your device is sacrificing the cache in fly due to processing power.
The fly app is a 64 bit application while the Go4 app is 32.
Generally you would have lag or the app will lock up or shut down.
Does the fly app on your iPad 2 record cache when not using the built in screen recorder?

It is possible that your device is sacrificing the cache in fly due to processing power.
The fly app is a 64 bit application while the Go4 app is 32.
Generally you would have lag or the app will lock up or shut down.
Does the fly app on your iPad 2 record cache when not using the built in screen recorder?

Yes, the cache recording usually works when I don't use the sreen recorder

Yes, the cache recording usually works when I don't use the sreen recorder
Then most likely a processing issue. You might consider just using the screen recorder.
Turn off video cache in the app and then use the files from the SD card to do your overlays. Or upgrade your device.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Then most likely a processing issue. You might consider just using the screen recorder.
Turn off video cache in the app and then use the files from the SD card to do your overlays. Or upgrade your device.

Yes it's a processing problem and turning off the cache should work.

Do you get warnings in the Fly App? I occasionally use a iPad Air (1st gen) and get on-screen processing warnings and loose the ability to cache videos but can still fly and see the FPV display.

Reactions: Drone Master
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi