DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cache to SD card - SD disappeared!

KeviP

Reactions
Trying desperately to understand how to switch on caching to the SD card in Dji Go 4.
The least I can say is that, like many others, I find that the tutorial is not very clear

During my latest attempt, the card disappeared from the Android file system!

My first reaction was panic as I have already a lot stored on it, but after restarting the phone it reappeared - panic over.

Needless to say I will backup everything on the phone before the next attempt, who knows what may happen...

could you say which drone you have and which SD card you are on about

Reactions: Skyflyer129
could you say which drone you have and which SD card you are on about

Sorry, I should have been clearer.
It was the card in the phone that disappeared from the phone's directories when I tried to switch to caching to the phone's SD card in the Go 4 app, so I don't think the drone itself is concerned.

Here's my setup anyway:
It's a Mavic Air (1), all updated, as is the Go 4 app.
The phone is a Samsung Galaxy A6 and the card in it is a Samsung 32Gb Evo plus.

I'm new to drones and I only bought it last week and so enjoying my first flights, but my first impressions are that it is pure magic when you see what it can do!

Reactions: old man mavic
Sorry, I should have been clearer.
It was the card in the phone that disappeared from the phone's directories when I tried to switch to caching to the phone's SD card in the Go 4 app, so I don't think the drone itself is concerned.

Here's my setup anyway:
It's a Mavic Air (1), all updated, as is the Go 4 app.
The phone is a Samsung Galaxy A6 and the card in it is a Samsung 32Gb Evo plus.

I'm new to drones and I only bought it last week and so enjoying my first flights, but my first impressions are that it is pure magic when you see what it can do!
do you have a SD card in the drone ,the pics that the phone records are not as good as the ones on the card in the drone,it probably disappeared because the card is full
you would be better off disabling cache to device in the app and just store images on the drones card then remove it and use a card reader to transfer it to you computer

do you have a SD card in the drone ,the pics that the phone records are not as good as the ones on the card in the drone,it probably disappeared because the card is full
you would be better off disabling cache to device in the app and just store images on the drones card then remove it and use a card reader to transfer it to you computer

As you can imagine, I have been reading a lot about all thing Dji, and understood you could use the phone's card for a crude backup and just wanted to try it, so it's not vital,
On the other hand, could the records be useful in helping to find a lost drone, combined with the other methods?

The card in the phone has plenty of space left, and Go 4 didn't get as far as creating a directory on the card.

I have a card in the drone and images and videos are, of course, far superior to the ones I have seen on the phone's internal memory where the videos have a "swiping" effect.

I just thought I'd mention it on the forum, but not worried about it.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky