DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cache videos missing or corrupt

brendenj

Reactions
Hi all,

Been flying for about 6 months and love it but recently I have had issues with some cached videos missing or being cut short. I have previously rolled back Go4 app to .16 due to the video pixilation issues but otherwise am on latest Mavic .400 firmware. Using a Galaxy S7 Edge phone. The videos are all fine on the SD card but it is very useful to see the videos right away on my phone without having to be connected to the drone. Any thoughts on what could be the issue? It is odd that some cached videos are fine and others are just a gray screen of 0 length and some are cut shorter than real video. I always go to airplane mode while flying. Also is it worth switching to Litchi instead? Is it more robust? Thanks for any feedback.

Your S7 storage could be getting full. Also make sure no other apps are running.

Reactions: brendenj
Your S7 storage could be getting full. Also make sure no other apps are running.

I did not explicitly close all other apps. Could try this. Plenty of storage space available on phone as well as SD card. Cached videos to to SD card.

Same happens to me too... sometimes I have the pictures on the phone and sometimes not.. I use aSamsung S8+

But it doesnt save the videos an pocs on the card anyway... all goes to the phone. Can I change that? Maybe that woild be worth a zry

Same happens to me too... sometimes I have the pictures on the phone and sometimes not.. I use aSamsung S8+[/QU
I have always had the issue of Pictures sometime being saved in cache and sometimes not but videos always came across. Ideally would like to fix both problems but the videos is a more recent development.

But it doesnt save the videos an pocs on the card anyway... all goes to the phone. Can I change that? Maybe that woild be worth a zry
I was answering the OP, not your completely unrelated post.

Things should ALWAYS save to the aircraft's card. PHotos only go to phone if the related setting is on, and you have the aircraft powered close in with good reception for sufficiently long for the transfer to happen.

Maybe but I bought it just a few months ago.
Doesn't mean anything for speed, and actually not for failure either. I've had many cards fail in phones, they're in use 24/7 unlike in any other device. Some are just poor quality too.

I should have been more clear, I meant the available memory in your S7 not storage space on the SD card.
I did not explicitly close all other apps. Could try this. Plenty of storage space available on phone as well as SD card. Cached videos to to SD card.
Like any computer, when an app runs it eats up a certain amount of on-board memory. Shutting down all other apps and running in airplane mode frees up available resources for Go 4. Airplane mode shuts off wireless communication that may cause problems with Go 4. GPS reception is not affected.

I turn off all caching to my tablet. When caching is turned on you are asking your MP to send a video feed (and asking your S7 to store it) along with the normal communication needed to fly. Sometimes there is not enough bandwidth or signal strength to do it.

I should have been more clear, I meant the available memory in your S7 not storage space on the SD card.

Like any computer, when an app runs it eats up a certain amount of on-board memory. Shutting down all other apps and running in airplane mode frees up available resources for Go 4. Airplane mode shuts off wireless communication that may cause problems with Go 4. GPS reception is not affected.

I turn off all caching to my tablet. When caching is turned on you are asking your MP to send a video feed (and asking your S7 to store it) along with the normal communication needed to fly. Sometimes there is not enough bandwidth or signal strength to do it.
I understand what you are saying. I will try closing other apps to free up memory and will also try a different SD card in my phone if that doesn't solve the problem. Thanks for the feedback!

Well, I tried closing down all other apps and clearing out Device Memory. Neither of those made any difference. Then I switched from caching to the SD card to caching to phone memory and that solved the problem so it seemed to be related to the SD card. Swapped to a different SD card in my phone and that seemed to fix the problem. Same exact kind of SD card but maybe there was some issue with the other one. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU