DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibrate compass error

You guys keep asking if I am on or around metal and no I am not i can take off from the same place that my Phantom 4 pro and it will not give me a Calibrate Compass error it started with the new firmware. I did not have a problem till I updated.

If you're not near metal or magnetic fields and it's happening ALL the time, then it's my opinion you have a hardware issue and should be contacting DJI Support. It's not a known issue with the 500 firmware and plenty of us are using it without the compass issues you are reporting.

As a last effort before contacting support, try reloading the firmware, then perform an IMU and Compass.calibration...if that doesn't help then you're best off contacting support.

Last edited:
I had this problem until I upgraded to the last firmware. Since then I was asked to do it just one time (first fly after the update) and I flew 8 times without any compass calibration error.

You guys keep asking if I am on or around metal and no I am not i can take off from the same place that my Phantom 4 pro and it will not give me a Calibrate Compass error it started with the new firmware. I did not have a problem till I updated.

Throw it away

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky