DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibration Dance Fail + Sensor Fail = Divorce!

Fortunately staying at my Parent’s place and use of their car. Been here 4-months so far.

It looks like the initial start position is incorrect or misleading for the IMU Calibration. DJI have posted the following video that seems to have solved the issue for many.

We do have some interesting creatures for sure. Mostly if you leave them alone it’s ok. Just don’t go walkabout where crocs are known to be or walk in long grass.

Silver lining I guess is I’m sure you have kept your parents spirits up during the lockdown days, but I’m sure you’re missing home though.
I’ve answered everyone below...

• The process in the DJI video is ‘exactly’ what I do every time. I am just never prompted to turn the aircraft any direction.
• The ‘COMPASS’ (amazing how they fit the needle & water in there?[emoji6]) calibration is sorted. After all my failed efforts, this was beside the house, in front of the car, 150yds from power cables... yip, I know[emoji845]?

Thank you for all your replies and suggestions and satire (flew on Concorde subsonic once). Take off beats any rollercoaster! Ive messaged DJI, but from what I hear, you guys are probably more helpful... [emoji22]

• The process in the DJI video is ‘exactly’ what I do every time. I am just never prompted to turn the aircraft any direction.

Try doing the IMU calibration inside, when I got my M2P I first tried calibrating the IMU outside, after it taking some time I realized it should be done on a flat surface. Took it inside and ran through the calibration on a table and it worked fine. Just make sure you put the drone in the positions shown in the app and it should be fine. I had it facing left for one step and it should have faced right, which meant it took longer, just cancelled and restarted the calibration and no problem since.

• The ‘COMPASS’ (amazing how they fit the needle & water in there?[emoji6]) calibration is sorted. After all my failed efforts, this was beside the house, in front of the car, 150yds from power cables... yip, I know[emoji845]?

Thank you for all your replies and suggestions and satire (flew on Concorde subsonic once). Take off beats any rollercoaster! Ive messaged DJI, but from what I hear, you guys are probably more helpful... [emoji22]

Have you tried starting with the AC flat on the table battery upwards rather than on its side?

Fellow Pilots, Co-Pilots, Cabin Crew (what would we do without them) & The ‘anyone can fly a drone’ brigade (until ATTI MODE that is!!!):

‼️ WE HAVE LIFTOFF ‼️
(Well except for the rain for the next 2 days!) ??

SOLUTION:
This was a long-shot & my final attempt, but it worked...

(i). I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 onto the MacBook
* & whilst it took me through some testing security procedures to download & install we got there.

(ii). The sensors were then calibrate on screen. The first time this hung and the only way to properly restart was to restart the MacBook & Aircraft.
After the second attempt, all was well.

(iii). On turning on the aircraft, my heart sank when I still had
‘CALIBRATE IMU’ however, the process worked as it should and was completed in around 4 minutes.

*I strongly advise you to use an iMac or PC to do this and with a longer cable than supplied by DJI. It was very difficult on a small screen and probably why the first attempt hung.

Thankfully you all now know I was doing everything correctly, I was sent an A/C that wasn’t calibrated correctly in China ??. Maybe the Whitehouse ordered one and the order got mixed up? As long as you don’t tell me all new DJI’s don’t have white powder all over them that stings the eyes, makes the skin feel tingly aand af f ect yyyou r tyyy P iNNNg? OMGIcantfeelmyspacebarornumbersanymore!!!!!!QuackCall@—

Happened in the nic-of-time too! I couldn’t finf the instructions to open the kite box [emoji403][emoji844]

Great to hear! But sorry about the weather up there, we’ve got 3-days at 27-29C in the Midlands.

Happy Days!

Yes, though I have convinced people that it’s my Drone interface!

Concorde was in Edinburgh doing a charter tour to Egypt and I was due on a repositioning flight (I trained with BA for 9 months many years ago (as part of MAF training) to Heathrow. I didn’t know until I turned up that my bus was G-BOAB.All flights are referred to as ‘aircraft’. There was only ever one that was referred to by name & NEVER, EVER called ‘a plane’. Not even the now doomed A380 can fill its shoes.
It was the untold victim of terrorism 11.Sep.2001

Concorde was in Edinburgh doing a charter tour to Egypt and I was due on a repositioning flight (I trained with BA for 9 months many years ago (as part of MAF training) to Heathrow. I didn’t know until I turned up that my bus was G-BOAB.All flights are referred to as ‘aircraft’. There was only ever one that was referred to by name & NEVER, EVER called ‘a plane’. Not even the now doomed A380 can fill its shoes.
It was the untold victim of terrorism 11.Sep.2001

And a great call sign ‘Speed Bird Concorde One 1’. It was a great logo to.

Reactions: Skyfall-0D2
I don’t know if you found a solution yet but when doing the IMU calibration, you need to pay very close attention to the image they show you. When I first calibrated my IMU I kept getting frustrated because I thought it kept getting stuck on one of the steps when in reality the app showed a new orientation that the drone needed to be in and I didn’t notice as it looked nearly the same.

I don’t know if you found a solution yet but when doing the IMU calibration, you need to pay very close attention to the image they show you. When I first calibrated my IMU I kept getting frustrated because I thought it kept getting stuck on one of the steps when in reality the app showed a new orientation that the drone needed to be in and I didn’t notice as it looked nearly the same.
Thanks, and good point, the sides do look similar. I wasn’t getting past position 1 though.
The problem was in the aircraft software and needed calibrated via the desktop DJI Assistant 2 on-screen first. After this, the process was completed in around 4 minutes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31