DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibration question and screen question

minijoe

Reactions
Okay, now I ran into some issues when I went out to fly today. First off, I always calibrate my mini before I fly. Usually because I go to different parks. Did the calibration with no problems. Was almost done flying, actually flying over a sidewalk at about 16’ and got a warning “Calibration Required”. Any idea why this would come up while I was flying?
The other problem is while I was flying the icon on the bottom of the screen that shows the mini in relation to me started flashing red as I flew it towards me. After passing me it went back to its normal indication.

Thanks

Possibly because the sidewalk may have enough rebar in it to distort the compass accuracy...

Okay, now I ran into some issues when I went out to fly today. First off, I always calibrate my mini before I fly. Usually because I go to different parks. Did the calibration with no problems. Was almost done flying, actually flying over a sidewalk at about 16’ and got a warning “Calibration Required”. Any idea why this would come up while I was flying?
The other problem is while I was flying the icon on the bottom of the screen that shows the mini in relation to me started flashing red as I flew it towards me. After passing me it went back to its normal indication.

Thanks
as https://mavicpilots.com/members/dirkclod.5/ mention. It must be the .8 fly app. Same thing happen to me when i upgrade to .8. Now dji release .9 in a matter of days.

as https://mavicpilots.com/members/dirkclod.5/ mention. It must be the .8 fly app. Same thing happen to me when i upgrade to .8. Now dji release .9 in a matter of days.
The .9 is out and tryed it with 2 batterys before it got dark. Had to recal compass with the first battery and when I changed to the other and powered up drone had to do another. This is from the boat ramp
i fly nearly daily and has never been a issue before. Going to try more in the morning if not storming.

Reactions: lowellton
Also @minijoe there is no need to recalibrate your compass everytime. Only when it ask for it. You are liable to do a bad one
and that would be a new set of issues.

.9 is out or coming out very soon? Geez, I've been trying all night to see where to download .8 with no luck. Guess I will wait now.

Should just be in the Apple app store or the Google Playstore, if it's not visible then you have an incompatible device.
DJI Fly requires a device with a full 64bit architecture and a lot of ram to run well

If you can see the app in iOS store click on it and it says update.
Used to show up as I had a update but no more. You have to click on it.

Okay, thanks. I will start making sure it is asking for the calibration.
Just make sure when you do do one it’s done away from anything .No phone in your pocket,watch or whatever. No underground powerlines
and so on. I set my controller down and do it away from it. You’ll
know if you have a good one.

Reactions: old man mavic
Its out already
Ok, I'll look for it. Doesn't show up for my android, in the playstore. And from DJI, the only download for DJI Fly, is 1.1.5

I think I previously downloaded 1.1.6 from an apk mirror site, but forgot where it is located....Should this process be this difficult?

Ok, I'll look for it. Doesn't show up for my android, in the playstore. And from DJI, the only download for DJI Fly, is 1.1.5

I think I previously downloaded 1.1.6 from an apk mirror site, but forgot where it is located....Should this process be this difficult?

DJI Fly in the Google Playstore is currently 1.1.8
The Apple IOS version is 1.1.9

Reactions: RocketmanTurbo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wild86