DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CALLING ALL TECHS! DJI Mavic Mini Gimbal repairs. Info reveal and firmware search. Come help.

Have you see this one?

use this sw to calibrate your gimbal - you will still get an error as the serial numbers do not match but the gimbal will work o-gs/dji-firmware-tools

If you have other errors or no video its possible the core board is toast

Reactions: Gundamx9x1
I finally got the problem fixed. I checked out another thread and learned about DJI Drone Service in NJ. They said they have the software fix for the IMU error. I sent my MM to them last Friday and it arrived today no errors, gimbal works as it did when I first purchased the MM. I highly recommend DJI Drone Service. They email you a FEDEX label to ship out to them, and ship it back at no extra charge. The total cost for the software fix: $99

Checked some other threads and found DJI Drone Service out of NJ. They have the software fix for the 40021 error and was able to fix my MM and return within 6 days. It now works normally, no further problems with the gimbal. I highly recommend them. They email a FEDEX label for your convenience,

I tried that but for my Mini who seem to work fine when I start it but always have the code 180016. Unfortunately when I run the command I have the following error:

C:\dji>py comm_og_service_tool.py com7 'WM160' GimbalCalib JointCoarse
usage: comm_og_service_tool.py [-h] (--port PORT | --bulk) [-b BAUDRATE] [-w TIMEOUT] [--dry-test] [-v] [--version]
product command ...
comm_og_service_tool.py: error: argument product: invalid choice: 'COM7' (choose from 'A2', 'P330', 'P330V', 'P330Z', 'P330VP', 'WM610', 'P3X', 'P3S', 'MAT100', 'P3C', 'MG1', 'WM325', 'WM330', 'MAT600', 'WM220', 'WM620', 'WM331', 'MAT200', 'MG1S', 'WM332', 'WM100', 'WM230', 'WM335', 'WM240', 'WM245', 'WM246', 'WM160', 'WM231', 'WM232', 'WM260')

On the startup of the drone I can see it is using the COM7 and I immediately run the command, but I have this error.

I tried that but for my Mini who seem to work fine when I start it but always have the code 180016. Unfortunately when I run the command I have the following error:

C:\dji>py comm_og_service_tool.py com7 'WM160' GimbalCalib JointCoarse
usage: comm_og_service_tool.py [-h] (--port PORT | --bulk) [-b BAUDRATE] [-w TIMEOUT] [--dry-test] [-v] [--version]
product command ...
comm_og_service_tool.py: error: argument product: invalid choice: 'COM7' (choose from 'A2', 'P330', 'P330V', 'P330Z', 'P330VP', 'WM610', 'P3X', 'P3S', 'MAT100', 'P3C', 'MG1', 'WM325', 'WM330', 'MAT600', 'WM220', 'WM620', 'WM331', 'MAT200', 'MG1S', 'WM332', 'WM100', 'WM230', 'WM335', 'WM240', 'WM245', 'WM246', 'WM160', 'WM231', 'WM232', 'WM260')

On the startup of the drone I can see it is using the COM7 and I immediately run the command, but I have this error.
Looks like you have to add --port COM7 --version 'WM160'
Pretty sure the arguments are needed - not just the port and version.

You are right Rocketman, I forgot to update this post. Finally I had it work with the folowing commands:

py comm_og_service_tool.py --port COM7 -vv WM160 GimbalCalib JointCoarse
py comm_og_service_tool.py --port COM7 -vv WM160 GimbalCalib LinearHall

But unfortunately, that didn't repair any errors on that DJI Mini.
Errors.jpg

dude, are you dumb or are you being dumb? if it were the best and most stable product this forum wouldn't even exist in the first place
You’re new to the forum and clearly don’t realise that insulting people here achieves nothing and makes you sound like a troll.

I’m an Apple user and to me their products are ”the best, most stable” pieces of tech available in their categories. It doesn’t mean they’re perfect, just very good. m80116 said that ”DJI is becoming the Apple of drone makers” - I see that as praise for their products, although I don’t think that’s how he intended it to come across. We’re all entitled to our own opinions and just because they may not align with yours, that doesn’t make us “dumb or being dumb”.

People use these forums mainly for advice and troubleshooting. In both cases, it’s often not because of inherent faults with DJI products but rather the way people use them.

Reactions: TheSnowyPilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka