DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera angle control

JABennett

Reactions
I just bought a Magic 2 Pro and I’ve read 4 manuals, watched 3 video’s, and flown the machine once. I’ve answered all my questions save one!

That is, how can I control the pitch angle of the camera? I have a house under construction, so I want to take in progress pictures at a 200’ hover with a depressed camera angle. The only reference I find for camera angle is using the 5D button. And that only changes from 0 degrees to 90 degrees (straight down). I do not know what angle I need, but 45 would probably be close…I MUST be missing something in the manuals regarding manual camera angle adjustment…

Thank you for any and all thoughts!

Ddownload litchi ($25 I think) and create a waypoint mission on litchi's mission hub. You can set the house as the point of interest for it to focus on, set the angle, altitude, and any other functions you want it to do. Then you just start the mission whenever you want during the construction process. It will fly the mission and take whatever video or photos you tell it to from the exact same position and angle every time. When the mission is complete it does an RTH or whatever you tell it to at the last waypoint. Litchi works excellent with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom drones, or any drone that uses GO4 app. On these drones once you start the mission it will fly the mission and return to home regardless of whether it's connected to the controller or not if you tell it to do so.

Or take a look at Maven app which has similar functions & will work the majic for you. Not sure if it is compatible with your drone however.

I just bought a Magic 2 Pro and I’ve read 4 manuals, watched 3 video’s, and flown the machine once. I’ve answered all my questions save one!

That is, how can I control the pitch angle of the camera? I have a house under construction, so I want to take in progress pictures at a 200’ hover with a depressed camera angle. The only reference I find for camera angle is using the 5D button. And that only changes from 0 degrees to 90 degrees (straight down). I do not know what angle I need, but 45 would probably be close…I MUST be missing something in the manuals regarding manual camera angle adjustment…

Thank you for any and all thoughts!
The simple answer to your question was mentioned above. There is a wheel on the up corner of your controller. Turn the wheel and it will move the angel of your camera. You can move it up or down as you need.
The other options mentioned above are programs that allow you to program a mission and save it. So each time you fly to record progress of the construction you can reload the program and the drone will fly the same route and take the same photos each time.

I would go with the Litchi option. It will allow you to tweak the mission to get the shot you want.

The wheel on the controller that's there just for that? Or tap/hold/drag on the app screen.
Just flew it again and the wheels on the back of the controller that rotate parallel to the ground don’t seem to change a thing! The tap/hold/drag…such a huge delay on the action! But found it, thank you!

If the wheels on the controller are not doing anything, then something is amiss. When working properly, they are much better at controlling the camera angle than the touch screen. You can even set gain/exp settings to control have fast the controller will adjust the camera angle for smoother, more cinematic footage. Did you buy the drone second hand? If so, confirm with the seller whether the unit was defective. Also, it is possible that the settings that control what the wheels do have been changed. Perhaps the seller changed them?

Just flew it again and the wheels on the back of the controller that rotate parallel to the ground don’t seem to change a thing! The tap/hold/drag…such a huge delay on the action! But found it, thank you!
Best thing to do now is run a controller calibration. Tap three white dots - top right of live view flight screen, select the controller icon from the vertical list of icons on the left, look at the options and tap on calibrate controller.

Follow the on-screen prompts. This will show you if the sticks and the two scroll wheels are working. If one of the lines fails to show a varying green line when you turn the wheel or push a stick: there's a physical fault with that controller component.

Sometimes it can be down to general greasy crap acting as a barrier... a blast or two with switch cleaner spray and a bit of patience can sometimes sort this kind of problem out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr