DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera "crashing" issue

bogdi1988

Reactions
Started running into an issue with my M3C. Not sure if it's related to the latest RC Pro update but randomly during a flight, the camera just crashes. It disconnects from the remote and it's as if it disconnects from the drone itself as well. I can still control it up and down but no recording or video feed. I can still control the drone and bring it back to land etc. It also seems to crash if i pick up the drone and start moving around carrying it. At some point the IMU throws errors as expected because the drone is moved around after which the camera crashes. Anyone encounter this? This pretty much a call to DJI?

Attachments

• D28FD9DB-48B7-4309-AFE7-940B943DAC3F.jpeg
    D28FD9DB-48B7-4309-AFE7-940B943DAC3F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • A27C1885-124E-4975-B64F-81AFECA0E0C3.jpeg
    A27C1885-124E-4975-B64F-81AFECA0E0C3.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 8
For my understanding: Do you not have videofeed on your controler anymore or is the system not recording anymore (so no footage at the SD-Card on return?

If the videofeed on your controler breaks down, that is nothing unusual (but still anoying). As long as you have the footage on the card, there seems to be "only" a connectionproblem between drone and controler in regard to the videofeed.

Since you do not rely on the videofeed for the control (as you always have your drone in sight, as a law respecting pilot) and the drone still is under control, there is no major problem.

Recording stops as well. So both seem to stop.
Hi bogdi1988, I have some experience with this issue, but I also do not have good news. I bought my first M3 from a local retailer. After the first week of ownership, I experienced what sounds like exactly the same issues. In flight the video feed would disconnect, though I still had full control of the drone. Once I first observed this issue, it happened EVERY flight. I did some troubleshooting and tests to try and determine the cause and if I had any work-arounds, and I spent a day's worth of effort to do so. I could not solve the issue, and what I did was exchange my M3 for a new one from my local retailer (I was within a 2 week return window). I did not have to use Care Refresh, the retailer simply exchanged it for me.

The replacement drone has not manifested the same issue.

Hi bogdi1988, I have some experience with this issue, but I also do not have good news. I bought my first M3 from a local retailer. After the first week of ownership, I experienced what sounds like exactly the same issues. In flight the video feed would disconnect, though I still had full control of the drone. Once I first observed this issue, it happened EVERY flight. I did some troubleshooting and tests to try and determine the cause and if I had any work-arounds, and I spent a day's worth of effort to do so. I could not solve the issue, and what I did was exchange my M3 for a new one from my local retailer (I was within a 2 week return window). I did not have to use Care Refresh, the retailer simply exchanged it for me.

The replacement drone has not manifested the same issue.
I was actually going to recommend the sae thing, to send the drone for an exchange

And of course, DJI support says i can send it in for repair or do an express replacement but i have to pay... And I need a drone by the 22nd. Anyone know how fast DJI repair normally takes?

And of course, DJI support says i can send it in for repair or do an express replacement but i have to pay... And I need a drone by the 22nd. Anyone know how fast DJI repair normally takes?
Fortunately, I've not ever had to utilize DJI's repair services. Based on how long others have reported it taking (I don't have science, I just have a gut feeling on the time reported by others), your drone will not make it back in time.

I would buy another, if the need is truly pressing, and you have no backup. All professionals and serious amateurs should have a backup anyway. It frees you up to deal with DJI warranty repairs on their time, and keeps you "in business" after any crash. It's just a tool. Express replacement for a manufacturing defect needlessly uses up one of your two Refresh claims and requires you to pay the deductible, instead of DJI absorbing all the cost of the obvious warranty defect.

I sent it in just now. Worst case i guess is that i can take my Nano+ with me

I sent it in just now. Worst case i guess is that i can take my Nano+ with me
Yeah, that is worst case! 🤣
I hate using my Autel drones as backup to my venerable DJI drones!
Did you send it as a warranty repair, or an Express Refresh replacement?

Apparently Cine gets 3 replacements. I used Express because I didn't want DJI to just replace a module or whatnot. I bought the drone used, used it for last 2 months so i figured it was ok paying the fee to get a new one. I'm still a lot less in my spent $ buying the drone used, warranty and swap fee.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Apparently Cine gets 3 replacements. I used Express because I didn't want DJI to just replace a module or whatnot. I bought the drone used, used it for last 2 months so i figured it was ok paying the fee to get a new one. I'm still a lot less in my spent $ buying the drone used, warranty and swap fee.
Even under warranty "repair," you get a brand new unit, not a repair. That's just the way they handle things now. Quote a repair cost, and either zero it out if it is a warranty item, or have you pay the Refresh deductible or the repair cost, and send out a new drone in all 3 cases. If I may ask, how much did you pay for the Cine used? Was the seller aware of the problem?

When I bought it, it was in perfect condition. It developed this issue 2 days ago. I've been flying it for 2 months now. Let's say i got a $1500 discount on it and I offered an M1 iPad which covered another good chunk of the price.

When I bought it, it was in perfect condition. It developed this issue 2 days ago. I've been flying it for 2 months now. Let's say i got a $1500 discount on it and I offered an M1 iPad which covered another good chunk of the price.
Cool! It's a great piece of kit! My only reservation about the Cine was the increased cost of the unremovable SSD in the event of a loss, and the temptation to store multiple flights on it in the field, without backing them up in between flights, unlike removable microSD cards that can be easily swapped out at every battery change.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser