DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera hood and protection

Has anyone had any experience with this hood that can be attached to help protect the camera/gimbal in flight? It looks like a good idea. It's on Amazon, made by Arzroic
View attachment 89502
not that make mine, is a sunnylife brand but exactly the same, i always fly with one on, as not only does it help with sun glare ,but i think it gives some protection to the gimbal from the sides though not a lot really

Reactions: bvsolutions
I have one of those also, but I prefere this one from PGYtech because It sits better.

I like the other ones that wrap around more. I once landed my M1P much too hard and it bounced and flipped over and shredded props, but the guard probably saved the gimbal, preventing it from being thrown like a passenger in a car with no seatbelt. Barely a scratch on the guard, swap out the props, recalibrate, and M1P flew the same day meaner than ever.

I like the other ones that wrap around more. I once landed my M1P much too hard and it bounced and flipped over and shredded props, but the guard probably saved the gimbal, preventing it from being thrown like a passenger in a car with no seatbelt. Barely a scratch on the guard, swap out the props, recalibrate, and M1P flew the same day meaner than ever.

Do you find it comes into view when taking photos or video?

Do you find it comes into view when taking photos or video?
Yes in sport mode i must tilt the camera down which is automatic anyways unless I want a bunch of sky taking up half the frame. It also makes the lense flare from the sun more on and off rather than slow creep.

Reactions: paul242
I’ve read many threads where users report some is visible in footage (video when moving), obviously photos wouldn’t normally be a problem.
Apparently you can take out the opening a little with a dremel sander as needed, as still keep the shading effect reasonably effective.

Mine never leaves the ground without its PGYtech Hood. Actually my 2nd one, my first on was lost from a 130' freefall. The hood was lost, but the gimbal was fine.

Reactions: Huo
I’ve read many threads where users report some is visible in footage (video when moving), obviously photos wouldn’t normally be a problem.
Apparently you can take out the opening a little with a dremel sander as needed, as still keep the shading effect reasonably effective.
The PGYTECH has a removable extended hood, leaving just the surround for protection.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Mine never leaves the ground without its PGYtech Hood. Actually my 2nd one, my first on was lost from a 130' freefall. The hood was lost, but the gimbal was fine.
130' nice one! I accel'd into the ground once due to mismatched mode parameters so my stomach turned when I read your post. Tough bird.

130' nice one! I accel'd into the ground once due to mismatched mode parameters so my stomach turned when I read your post. Tough bird.
Failed ESC Board on mine, couldn't tell speed and told me to land immediately. I was a 1/4 out over heavy wooded area, switched to Sport Mode and made it another 30ft before it started spinning uncontrollably. Front leg and one of the tabs that hold the rear leg in position were replaced, the two boards replaced and the gimbal was fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReDRuM702