DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Issues, Is this normal?

If this is the app FPV view and AC is close by, this shouldn't happen.

See if you can try another mobile device.
If it happens there too, then there's an issue with AC or RC. Only thing I can think of short of sending in for repair is refresh firmware with Assistant.

If not, try uninstalling and reinstalling app.

I am noticing this exact same issue with my brand new new Mini 2 . Just chalking it up to the fact that I have no SD card yet installed as well ? While I learn how to fly this (first drone for me ) , I am not really taking videos or anything , as I want to get some stick time under my belt and feel comfortable with it first , and hopefully not crash it !
Also slightly wondering if it has something to do with running the DJI Fly app, with a ipad mini gen 5 , but I doubt that . Also when I move the gimbal the video feed returns to normal .

So it looks like the common denominator for this pixelated real time video capture problem is .........
1. - no SD card installed
2. - when the gimbal is moved, it goes back to normal .
Possible #3 - I am noticing that it happens when the gimbal is pointing straight down (like the OP's photo as well) .

Anyone install the SD card , and noticed that the problem went away ?

Oh, glad to have found a Mavic forum . I am sure it will be very helpful in the future , Thanks all !

I have also been seeing this break up of video transmission with my Mini 2. Doesn't seem to matter if the SD card is in or not. Can happen at any distance from the RC, close or far. Clears up when I stop the AC and either move the gimbal or rotate the AC. The crappy image doesn't get recorded to the SD card though and it remains good quality. As previously mentioned it may be the phone is not keeping up with the bit rate. I use an iPhone XR. I thought it would be handle it.

Same here (iOS and Fly 1.2.5). Video saved on the drone is ok, only preview on the phone is garbled. I usually just quit camera view and go back with "GO FLY" button in the Fly app and everything is ok.
Annoying but harmless for me.

Hi, was going to post a thread but this Is the same issue I have.

I have SD card in (on the SD card the video is perfect).
Very new.

I have no clear reason for the problem if i press Fx to put my camera down and up again it fixes up. which makes me think is is a drone issue/failure somewhere, not you/my phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr