DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera jiggles (not jello) when directly pointing down

ChopSticks

Reactions
Alright crashed the drone a few months back, tore the gimbal cable and gimbal platform thing, Ordered replacements, installed both of them.

Issues:
  • When the Camera is facing directly down and I move forwarded or backwards and stop (take my hand off the control) the camera jiggles violently (similar to those punching dummies where you punch them and they go back and forth until friction? levels them out)
  • When it's facing directly forward (parallel to the ground) it will instantly go 20 degrees lower once it' stops. If I enable the additional 30 degree upwards option it appears to stop
  • There are sometimes issues where if I am manually trying to pan downwards or upwards right at the straight down or forward position it appears to fight about 30 degrees prior to both then jump to those position.

Now could this be caused by a faulty gimbal cable? improper installation? or just need a completely new camera? or could it be something I am mentioning?

Make sure the gimbal cable isn't too tight, there needs to be a lot of play so there is plenty of range-of-motion. If it can't move freely it will stutter / jerk.

Make sure the gimbal cable isn't too tight, there needs to be a lot of play so there is plenty of range-of-motion. If it can't move freely it will stutter / jerk.

Any pics or videos of what it should look like? my original cable snapped into so many pieces I couldn't retrace when putting a new one on and the video I used on youtube didn't quite help either.

On the same note: the gimbal isn't firing any calibration errors and on start up seems to be moving freely when the IMU is testing, there is a loud click noise but I think that was how it was before also

It's not even that subtle. Picture footage with no gimbal stabilization and someone jumping up and down with the camera, that's exactly what happens when I let go over the forward/backward moving sticks. During moving forward/backwards it does not flicker or anything just when I let go
The gimbal motors are definitely being restricted in some way then, most likely one of the ribbon cables.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ