DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

camera manual?

crusty50

Reactions
Does anyone out there know if there is a manual for the camera on the Mavic 2 pro? DJI had mine for repair for over 9 months and reset all my settings and I forget what they were. Please don't tell me I have to go through all those interminable videos on YouTube -- I can't take it -- again. It seems to me that someone would have printed something with all the settings and how to get best results by now.

This is part of the reason I'll never buy a DJI product again. Their support people in Cerritos only speak broken English and have a terrible time getting you to understand what they're talking about. They take your repair, charge you for the repair that they didn't do, then when you complain they charge you again before they fix it for the first time.
The DJI website is one of the worst I've ever seen since the inception of the internet. Nothing links to anything that makes sense. The site is great if you enjoy infinite loops -- never getting where you want to go.
Fortunately there are several US companies building and selling drones with decent cameras -- my next drone will be from one of them -- at least they speak English and understand doing business in the US.

The camera settings are explained in the M2P owners manual, and/or detailed in the DJI Go 4 guide on page 8:

The only video you would need to watch after this is the flight paramters you would adjust for cinematic motion (slowing down EXP, Gain, yaw, etc.). Or the following settings from a PDF I keep online:

Capture.JPG

The best way to Negotiate with DJI is using the Chat : They will guide you with Links to where you need to go such as if you need to purchase just the drone without the controller for example.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Rain /Snow

Last edited:
Reactions: pelagic_one
Fortunately there are several US companies building and selling drones with decent cameras -- my next drone will be from one of them -- at least they speak English and understand doing business in the US.
Several US companies building and selling drones with decent cameras ??
Please tell us who they are.
I'm only aware of one making consumer drones and its camera is quite basic.

The camera settings are explained in the M2P owners manual, and/or detailed in the DJI Go 4 guide on page 8:

The only video you would need to watch after this is the flight paramters you would adjust for cinematic motion (slowing down EXP, Gain, yaw, etc.). Or the following settings from a PDF I keep online:

View attachment 122199
Is there a way to capture this setting aside from "print screen" on a PC? I also heard setting the drone MP in cinamatic mode does a lot to smooth out video and using tri-pod mode makes it extremely stable but really limits response time.

Is there a way to capture this setting aside from "print screen" on a PC? I also heard setting the drone MP in cinamatic mode does a lot to smooth out video and using tri-pod mode makes it extremely stable but really limits response time.

You can type all of your settings it into a document or spreadsheet. Each of us will have our own preferred settings.

Cinematic mode will slow everything down, including breaking speed. It's good for what it was designed for, and you just have to use a bit of caution around obstacles, as always. APAS is even less responsive.

Chris

Does anyone out there know if there is a manual for the camera on the Mavic 2 pro? DJI had mine for repair for over 9 months and reset all my settings and I forget what they were. Please don't tell me I have to go through all those interminable videos on YouTube -- I can't take it -- again. It seems to me that someone would have printed something with all the settings and how to get best results by now.

This is part of the reason I'll never buy a DJI product again. Their support people in Cerritos only speak broken English and have a terrible time getting you to understand what they're talking about. They take your repair, charge you for the repair that they didn't do, then when you complain they charge you again before they fix it for the first time.
The DJI website is one of the worst I've ever seen since the inception of the internet. Nothing links to anything that makes sense. The site is great if you enjoy infinite loops -- never getting where you want to go.
My default place for support is You Tube. They have several excellent creators on there who present their favorite settings. Try searching for Vic VideoPIC and Jeff Greene videos. They have helped me tremendously.

Reactions: RGB47
I just keep the page open on my phone... always available. You do need to keep a record of each setting by individual mode of capture.

I also heard ... using tri-pod mode makes it extremely stable but really limits response time.
Tripod Mode is confusingly named.
The camera is already as stable as it can be without using Tripod Mode.
The only thing Tripod Mode does is to slow the drone's speed and joystick response.

Tripod Mode is confusingly named.
The camera is already as stable as it can be without using Tripod Mode.
The only thing Tripod Mode does is to slow the drone's speed and joystick response.
Tripod Mode works wonderfully if you're doing family portraits indoors where you need every thing slowed way way down. I also use it occassionally outdoors and it is a very steady platform.

Tripod Mode works wonderfully if you're doing family portraits indoors where you need every thing slowed way way down. I also use it occassionally outdoors and it is a very steady platform.
But to people who use actual tripods (with land-based photography), it's still not the best name for that mode. They could have called it "Steady", "Stable", or "Smooth", but perhaps they didn't want another 'S' word on the switch with "Sport".

In other words, it was probably a marketing decision.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3