DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera not working

rkbaseball

Reactions
I bought a mavic with a non-working camera and am trying to fix it. When I bought it, the ribbon cable (flat) was broken going into the gimbal. So I just replaced that and am still not getting video feed or photos on my galaxy s7. I have tried the cable provided with the remote and a different cable plugged into the USB. The stranded (silver wire cable) inside the gimbal had a few kinks, but appeared to be in good shape and did not look like any of the strands were broken. When I power the drone on, the camera does not move at all and I cannot move the camera at all.

Any suggestions on what I should/need to replace? I've been suggested the silver cable and the board. Does anyone else have insight? Thank you!!!

The ribbon cable controls the gimbal motors.
The silver cable is for the camera.
If you still do not have gimbal movement, the ribbon cable could be the culprit.
Did you use a a genuine DJI ribbon cable? After market ones are worthless in my opinion due to how faulty they can be.
Perhaps @Thunderdrones may be able to give you some more insight as well.
Good luck with the fix.

Awesome thank you! Thunderdrones was very helpful and has suggested the board may be the culprit. Would I still get video if the ribbon was not working but the silver was? I used a ribbon from FSlabs.

Update: turns out the ribbon cable has a small wire broken off it upon really close inspection. I don't know if this could be the cause or not...

Update: turns out the ribbon cable has a small wire broken off it upon really close inspection. I don't know if this could be the cause or not...
You mentioned you had no video feed or did you?
If there is even a hint of the ribbon cable not making a complete link to it's component, It easily can cause failure of the entire gimbal and camera assembly.

I have no video feed and no gimbal movement. The gimbal moves freely when hanging and when I try to move it, but will not move due to the drone.

Yes if everything else is working except the black ribbon cable.
How would I make sure that the silver cable is working? It appears to be connected and I don't see any obvious issues, however I also don't see anything burnt on the gimbal board. Any tips on diagnosing myself?

Replace ribbon AND video cable.
These are your less expensive and if neither fix your problem then it’s bad gimbal motors or possibly a board.
Start with cables first..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
56cbr600rr