DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera protector scratches...

Mordor

Reactions
Guys:
I own a M2P. I notice that that big sphere plastic protecter, is making scratches on top camera, after remove/insert...

Is there any other protector, better?

Or, like i read somewhere, i should put same tape on top camera?

Thanks!

Guys:
I own a M2P. I notice that that big sphere plastic protecter, is making scratches on top camera, after remove/insert...

Thanks!

Someone actually brought this up just yesterday as well, original thread and responses can be seen here.

Someone actually brought this up just yesterday as well, original thread and responses can be seen here.

Thank you very much!!
Already buy a alternative protector to my darling!

Have a great day!

Reactions: MAVIC_2_YTS
The Polar Pro gimbal locks look very good and I plan to get one in the near future. Do a search for them and check them out. Since they are all rubber and much easier to attach, I see no way they should scratch the camera. I use a Nanuk 925 case, and it seems to sit very solid without a lock on it, but should work fine with the Polar Pro as well. I have the Mavic 2 Zoom with Smart controller and love it so far.

The Polar Pro gimbal locks look very good and I plan to get one in the near future. Do a search for them and check them out. Since they are all rubber and much easier to attach, I see no way they should scratch the camera. I use a Nanuk 925 case, and it seems to sit very solid without a lock on it, but should work fine with the Polar Pro as well. I have the Mavic 2 Zoom with Smart controller and love it so far.

The Polar Pro says they are nylon a plastic not rubber.

Besides by the time one decides to sell their mavic2 do you think the difference in price for one with or with out a few cosmetic scratches is going to make any difference. Typical Polar Pro pricing; a part that cost less than $3 dollars to make selling for $25.00

Guys:

Thanks!
I just use a clear piece of wrapping tape on the Gimbal guard, job done, dirt cheap.

Reactions: Rockycat
I use the PolarPro gimbal lock/guard. Has anti scratch lining and prevents gimbal movement when in place, unlike the OEM guard which ships with the bird. I consider it a small investment and am happy with the outcome after 8 months of flying 3-5 times a week with transport to different locations.

Many reports of camera scratches right from the factory, likely from the gimbal protector. Purely cosmetic.

VERY cosmetic ugliness...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada