DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CAMERA ROTATION CONTROL

dieggman

Reactions
Hi there I would like to know if the camera rotation it can be controlled, the controller has two wheels behind, the left one controls the tilt and de right one controls de brightness, but how do I control the rotation?... help

Hi there I would like to know if the camera rotation it can be controlled, the controller has two wheels behind, the left one controls the tilt and de right one controls de brightness, but how do I control the rotation?... help
You rotate the aircraft. (yaw).

It helps in conversations to use the same words for each movement. "Tilt" and "rotation" are a bit vague.

* Heading or yaw refers to the direction the camera and drone are facing. North, East, Southwest, etc. On the Mavic, the camera always faces the same way the aircraft is facing, within a degree or two allowed for stabilization.

* Aircraft pitch refers to tilting the nose down or up. The aircraft will travel forward or back if you control the pitch.

* Camera pitch or gimbal pitch refers to tilting the camera up or down, independent of the aircraft pitch or motion.

* Aircraft roll refers to tilting the sides down or up. The aircraft will travel left or right if you control the roll.

* Camera roll can be adjusted slightly to make sure the horizon looks level. On the Mavic, it can also flip 90º on its side for "portrait" tall images.

Reactions: Drone Master
Rotating drone (yaw) is not the answer if the subject you want to shoot is moving parallel and your shooting angle is -let say- 45 deg.

I may be having a senior moment here!! on one of the reviews for the DJI goggles I thought that the reviewer moving his head from left to right was moving the gimbal slightly left and right without the Mavic moving (Yaw) I may be wrong and i'm fully prepared to be flamed!!!!

I may be having a senior moment here!! on one of the reviews for the DJI goggles I thought that the reviewer moving his head from left to right was moving the gimbal slightly left and right without the Mavic moving (Yaw) I may be wrong and i'm fully prepared to be flamed!!!!

If that is true, that would be great, then DJI Goggles is worth to buy... :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99