DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera tilt doesn't stop

liamus27

Reactions
Has anyone had this issue...if I tilt the camera down in flight it doesn't stop when I release the wheel on the controller. Tilting up seems fine?

Try recalibrating your remote controller in DJI GO.

What exactly happens when you release the wheel after tilting the camera?

Did you try decreasing the Gimbal Pitch Smoothness setting in the following section of DJI GO?

DJI-GO-Gimbal-Pitch-Smoothness.jpg

Long time I know but have been away - came back to flying recently and it reminded me of this fault that I never resolved!
Anyway - it's not a software issue, it's a hardware one as I can now see that when I tilt the gimbal down the wheel on the controller (sometimes) gets stuck in place - only lightly but enough to stay down and continue moving the camera! Any suggestions or similar experiences!?

May be that the controller just needs the wheel replaced or just cleaned. I had one that the opposite wheel (right side) was very loose. Took it apart and reset the detent spring and solved that issue.

May be that the controller just needs the wheel replaced or just cleaned. I had one that the opposite wheel (right side) was very loose. Took it apart and reset the detent spring and solved that issue.
Thanks - I have reported it to DJI as it should still be under warranty so hopefully they can fix it

only lightly but enough to stay down and continue moving the camera!
I had that issue just recently on a new mavic pro but it was the EV wheel stuck and it rendered my first ever drone flight footage useless as the saved video was all white haha Far out $1400 drone.
Plus it made it a bit harder to fly the **** thing as I could not see anything on my tablet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002