DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera tilts slightly when moving drone left or right.

RickMC

Reactions
Is this normal? The gimbal doesn’t stay level for me if I move the drone to the left or to the right. It slightly tilts and then goes back to level when I come to a stop. I don’t remember having this problem with the Mavic 1. Is there any fix for this or is this just the way it is?

Reactions: Bill combs
Is this normal? The gimbal doesn’t stay level for me if I move the drone to the left or to the right. It slightly tilts and then goes back to level when I come to a stop. I don’t remember having this problem with the Mavic 1. Is there any fix for this or is this just the way it is?
I am afraid that without a short video of the issue, nobody will be able to give you any advice.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I am afraid that without a short video of the issue, nobody will be able to give you any advice.
Can’t post one now but it’s pretty simple. The camera doesn’t stay level when I move left or right. If I move the stick left, the camera tilts slightly to the right, when I move the stick right the camera tilts slightly to the left. Never stays level when moving drone left or right. When I come to stop it levels back out.

Can’t post one now but it’s pretty simple. The camera doesn’t stay level when I move left or right. If I move the stick left, the camera tilts slightly to the right, when I move the stick right the camera tilts slightly to the left. Never stays level when moving drone left or right. When I come to stop it levels back out.
Does this camera tilt is translated to, and visible in the video from the drone? Have you tried the gimbal calibration?

Could depend on wind conditions and how fast you make these turns. As you wrote, that when you stop, it levels again, sounds to me, that the gimbal is mechnically ok.
A slight shift is more or less possible, but a short clip could clear things up for us. ;)

Yes it is visible in the video. The horizon tilts slightly.
I don't think that's the right behaviour. What about tripod mode? It's still the same? I haven't noticed anything like it in my M2P, unless in Sport mode. What about the gimbal calibration?

It isn’t simple as you haven’t explained which stick? Are you talking about yaw left or right or flying left or right?
They are two completely different aircraft movements.

It isn’t simple as you haven’t explained which stick? Are you talking about yaw left or right or flying left or right?
They are two completely different aircraft movements.
I meant flying left and right, not yaw. Sorry.

The camera doesn’t stay level when I move left or right. If I move the stick left, the camera tilts slightly to the right, when I move the stick right the camera tilts slightly to the left. Never stays level when moving drone left or right. When I come to stop it levels back out.
The way it works is that the drone tilts to move and the gimbal keeps the camera level.

i had the same issue with my mpp and did a current firmware update or more like a refresh and the problem went away.

Trying to post a video but MP4 isn’t an acceptable extension? How can I post a clip?

Last edited:
Having trouble posting a video from my phone so here is three screen shot. The first is when I’m just hovering. The second is when I start moving left and you see the horizon is tilted. The third pic is after I stop moving and the camera levels out. I tried all of the calibrations and nothing helps. I know the horizon tilt might be very subtle but it really bothers me. For the price you pay for this drone, the horizon should stay dead straight when rolling left or right, no matter how fast you’re moving. Guess mine is defective? Did IMU calibration, compass calibration and gimbal calibration several times and nothing helps.

Attachments

• D0C7B07C-676E-4B5A-979C-5A3DE3B38777.png
    D0C7B07C-676E-4B5A-979C-5A3DE3B38777.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 38
  • 259EF4AD-C41E-4BA4-8488-AD1DB9A1D0E7.png
    259EF4AD-C41E-4BA4-8488-AD1DB9A1D0E7.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 34
  • 62C32F9B-FD25-40FC-A252-FF40A6EE82B2.png
    62C32F9B-FD25-40FC-A252-FF40A6EE82B2.png
    3 MB · Views: 31
You might be in FPV mode.

Reactions: cmcondon77
Having trouble posting a video from my phone so here is three screen shot. The first is when I’m just hovering. The second is when I start moving left and you see the horizon is tilted. The third pic is after I stop moving and the camera levels out. I tried all of the calibrations and nothing helps. I know the horizon tilt might be very subtle but it really bothers me. For the price you pay for this drone, the horizon should stay dead straight when rolling left or right, no matter how fast you’re moving. Guess mine is defective? Did IMU calibration, compass calibration and gimbal calibration several times and nothing helps.
Sudden moves or slow and steady?

For what it’s worth the tilt happens when I’m going pretty fast, almost full speed. If I go really slow it doesn’t seem to happen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman