DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera was jammed when new

JakAHearts

Reactions
Hey gang! Just opened up my mini 2 yesterday and upon power up had a gimbal error and calibration wouldnt go past ten percent. On power up, the camera would make what looked like a full sweep and then face front but then the error message would pop up. I turned off the power and manually moved the camera up and down and everything seemed ok but then while lightly turning down the lens, the entire gimbal assembly fell slightly from the body into what I now see is the proper placement. Flew today for the first time and everything seems ok. Maybe some slight jello when filming straight down and dropping altitude quickly but I wanst recording so I dont know if it is actually on the video or was just on the phone screen. Anyway, should I be concerned over a few power on and offs with the gimbal that was "jammed" when new or just fly it and forget about it?

Hey gang! Just opened up my mini 2 yesterday and upon power up had a gimbal error and calibration wouldnt go past ten percent. On power up, the camera would make what looked like a full sweep and then face front but then the error message would pop up. I turned off the power and manually moved the camera up and down and everything seemed ok but then while lightly turning down the lens, the entire gimbal assembly fell slightly from the body into what I now see is the proper placement. Flew today for the first time and everything seems ok. Maybe some slight jello when filming straight down and dropping altitude quickly but I wanst recording so I dont know if it is actually on the video or was just on the phone screen. Anyway, should I be concerned over a few power on and offs with the gimbal that was "jammed" when new or just fly it and forget about it?
I would have a good look at the back of gimbal in that general area...a few posts have shown this condition as the OP didn't find and remove a sticker from the gimbal.

Reactions: Thomas B
JakAHearts: I had a gimbal warning issue straight out of the box in late December. Then a tiny part fell out that had been lodged somewhere causing the problem. A forum member identified it as a tiny bit of the casing low down or behind the gimbal. We did one test flight and everything seemed to be working fine. But some components were exposed, rather than being encased, so we sent it back for a replacement. The part couldn't be refitted as one of the two tiny side clips was missing (probably a manufacturing default rather than a breakage). For us, it's a working tool. A few days later, the replacement arrived.

I’d send it back. It shouldn’t be doing any of that.

Reactions: Thomas B
pull out the gimbal and will work after that
What? Explain further please

to OP, it might be a short term pain to send it back but if you don’t you may regret it, just a thought cause I don’t know what ide do myself if it seems to be ok now.

other than get it in the air, work it hard ‘with video’ and try to replicate or convince yourself it’s now ok!

I would have been on the phone with DJI the first sign of trouble.
If you took off all of the stickers and everything is clear before start up then give them a call.

What? Explain further please

to OP, it might be a short term pain to send it back but if you don’t you may regret it, just a thought cause I don’t know what ide do myself if it seems to be ok now.

other than get it in the air, work it hard ‘with video’ and try to replicate or convince yourself it’s now ok!
i had the same thing when i got the drone, but a gentle pull out the gimbal did solve the issue, i think is a kind of protection or so

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost