Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera won't focus

Issue : Blured / Zero Focus

• MF would not function
  • Blurry at all distances
  • Camera reset failed
  • Firmware update no improvement
  • Replaced camera ( lens module) issue resolved.

I’m having the same issue. Focus just goes mid-flight. It is not clear what triggers this. Camera reset works most of the time, but have to bring Mavic back first. I have not been able to replicate problem flying indoors. Tried all the suggestions previously noted.

One other interesting point is that when I calibrate the gimbal there are some red patches on the screen. Same on different devices so not an issue with my iPhone display. Is that normal or might that indicate what the focusing issue is?

Can anyone shine some light on what is going on? Do I need to send the unit in?

I have a similar periodic problem, where either it keeps popping out of focus, so I touch the screen and it goes into focus then 5 secs later it goes out of focus, yet everything in the scene is at least 200 m distant. Last weekend during mid-flight it just wouldn't focus even when I tapped the screen. After about 5 mins it did focus, but I missed some good footage of a sailing race. :-( I'm amazed it can go so much out of focus as surely the 95% of the time the focus would be at 'infinity' and rarely less than about 5 metres.

Hi,I just had the same problem after flying one day I put the drone away and took out the SD card to look at some videos-I deleted some vids and renamed other files and put the card back in the Mavic.
Next day I went to fly and the camera was out of focus and all camera settings were greyed out.
At home I noticed someone on this site say ,change or format you SD card-I removed the SD card and the camera focused straight away!
so I re formatted the card and problem solved!

Reactions: duvolab
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock