DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera won't focus

reneels

Reactions
Hi All,
Has anyone encountered the issue of the camera not focusing. Last flight it was fine. When I turned it in today to to fly it the camera won't focus. I have reset camera setting and also recalibrated the gimbal. The drone is about 1 month old. Latest firmware.

a3cb884af3b393a6d1d31a940651c8eb.jpg

Thanks
Rene

I get the green box. I tried the manual focus but still blurry. Lens looked clean, but I will check again.

Any other suggestions?

Mine will do this occasionally. I land and cycle the power and usually it is fine. It’s annoying as hell but it works like it’s supposed to most of the time.

I know this is a different matter but when I am flying the mavic and taking pics my histogram will always have mountains on the left no matter wat setting I use I can get mountains in middle but will still be on left as well. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Just for fun, try using mavic with a different sd card.

I had this issue once and a corrupted sd was the problem.

Which doesn't really make any sense to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
I know this is a different matter but when I am flying the mavic and taking pics my histogram will always have mountains on the left no matter wat setting I use I can get mountains in middle but will still be on left as well. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Ahh the black mountains of mavic you mean? :0)

It's only 1 month old. I'll also take out the SD card and see if it makes any difference.

020914a074771bb5941283f704b1c04c.jpg

Behind the glass on the camera is a tiny motherboard with just a cable running from that to a bigger motherboard on the Mavic. Im guessing it controls among other things the focus / zoom.

Tldr; The focus isn't working because the part posted above is ******.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan