DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Zoom Mavic Air 2

Yes , I can use the scroll wheel and the screen both. Make sure you up to date on the SC firmware, there has been some changes for the better.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2 in the Rain.

Yes , I can use the scroll wheel and the screen both. Make sure you up to date on the SC firmware, there has been some changes for the better.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2 in the Rain.
I have. I just updated firmware today for the controller as a matter of fact. Do you have to set something, what video mode are you in, etc.? Or is it just available no setup required?

I have. I just updated firmware today for the controller as a matter of fact. Do you have to set something, what video mode are you in, etc.? Or is it just available no setup required?
You have to be in 4k Video 30 not 60 and not in the Photo mode.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain.

DJI sent me the screen print attached (DJI Screen Shot), but did not send any instructions on how to setup the controller so I get the Zoom indicator on my controller like they have in their screen shot. They stated I could not be in HDR. As you can see from my screen shot "In normal mode" I do not see 4k, I only see HDR. Where do I put it in 4k 30?

Thank you so much for your patience.

Attachments

• DJI Screen shot.png
    DJI Screen shot.png
    189.6 KB · Views: 27
  • No zoom indicator.png
    No zoom indicator.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 24
  • Video in Normal Mode.png
    Video in Normal Mode.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
This Forum is better than DJI support at times. ?

Even though DJI changed the app a bit and put half the stuff at the bottom of the menu, a lot of people didn't know about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Here is my full message:
I use the 1080P Mode to access the 4X Zoom. Works very easily. I have been doing the zoom on-screen and have not tried the scroll wheel. I shall have to try that.

There is no reason for digital zoom for still photos. A simple crop in any image editor does exactly the same thing.

There is no reason for digital zoom for still photos. A simple crop in any image editor does exactly the same thing.
That is if you can wait to edit the photo OR even take a photo. If you want to use zoom in real time that doesn't work. That is why I use the Mini 2 in lots of cases. My Air 2 is a better camera but for the lack of digital zoom in photo mode.

True : But when you framing the shot in the sky the ZOOM helps 100 % to see it, feel it. and nail the shot.
Its not even close to seeing that same frame.

No that Zoom on the Camera is priceless and the reason why the Mini 2 has its place. .

Here is a recent example:

These two pictures were taken very close to each other , one with the Mini 2 and the AIR 2S

Just look at the Frame of the Shot on the MINI 2 with the Zoom
I was able to wait for the birds to come into view , thanks to the zoom.

screenshot_339.png

Now the same shot with the AIR 2S without the zoom a little latter but the same sky same position

screenshot_340.png

This was the same picture same spot with the Air 2S without the zoom , its just not the same.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the pouring Rain to capture the Storm.

Reactions: AVLJMA
True : But when you framing the shot in the sky the ZOOM helps 100 % to see it, feel it. and nail the shot.
Its not even close to seeing that same frame.

No that Zoom on the Camera is priceless and the reason why the Mini 2 has its place. .

Here is a recent example:

These two pictures were taken very close to each other , one with the Mini 2 and the AIR 2S

Just look at the Frame of the Shot on the MINI 2 with the Zoom
I was able to wait for the birds to come into view , thanks to the zoom.

View attachment 130940

Now the same shot with the AIR 2S without the zoom a little latter but the same sky same position

View attachment 130942

This was the same picture same spot with the Air 2S without the zoom , its just not the same.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the pouring Rain to capture the Storm.
Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words

Critical image work always involves post processing to get the luminously and chroma accurate. Likewise cropping. If you have the entire image recorded, you can easily crop it to what you want. It is really not necessary to crop in camera with a digital zoom when you get better results in post processing.

A true zoom would be helpful if you need the maximum resolution of the sensor available. Digital zoom does not give you that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian