DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can’t download assistant 2 grrrrrrrrrrr

This is truly a spectacular fail on the part of DJI here. Holy cow how long does it take to sort out a few lines of code and get your product certified like it used to be? Plus people are having to forsake the security on there home PC's in order to download and run the software needed to operate and fly your drone safely!

I'm amazed a lawsuit hasn't been filed yet.
Tell me about it . I have alarms going off all time need do this need do that Thay told me 7 days ago windows 10 is fine so I go buy new laptop £400 and guess what I can’t download assistant 2 for calibration grrr

Sorry, but this is not the fkin DJI support. Here are recommendations given by experienced and helpful users. Many donate precious free time for this basically good thing. The laptop purchase is solely your decision.

Nobody can 100% guarantee that everything will work, and that you will implement recommendations correctly.

If you have little computer experience, downgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 7 is not an option you should consider...

Actually, it's hard to imagine that the Assistant 2 is needed to calibrate any sensors so that your presumably new drone can take off. If it does not work right out of the box, then it's scrap that should be sent back ...

Agreed, no need to calibrate anything with Assistant. Upgrade firmware perhaps if you get the typical problem of "connection failure" when updating from Go App.

Win 10 should not prevent download of Assistant, though I could see it preventing install or launch. Even if website cert expired, you should be able to override.

Reactions: mnis
I have had the drone for abit now , I used my friends laptop to set it up . He sold it now the laptop . I get alarm sayin vision system need calibrating on DJI assistant

Lister pal loads of ppl have sameness problem loads of ppl . Windows 10 stops u from downloading DJI apps . It’s a big problem

Dowload or install? Big difference.
If it is actual download, what browsers? What anti-malware is in use?
Lots of variables here.

I'll try downloading the latest in a bit, and if a later version than I already have, I'll try install.

If I succeed in downloading, I'll provide a Onedrive link to it.

Reactions: mnis
I can’t get DJI assistant 2 on my new Lenovo laptop windows 10 . I got on DJI I can see the zip won’t let me open saying block by windows .

Windows 10 build 1803
Downloading Assistant version 2.0.6 EXE version (as opposed to ZIP also offered)'with Google Chrome, in progress.

OK, successfully downloaded with Edge as well as Chrome.
However I did get the alert when trying to INSTALL.

So the issue is with install, not download.

Here's the underlying problem:
The application signing hasn't expired, the certificate of the signer, WoSign, was revoked. It's one thing for a certificate to come from an unknown source, it is another when the issuer revoked it. Revocation is usually due to a compromise or breach. You usually don't want to trust something giving you that trust from a compromised source.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851