DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can’t download assistant 2 grrrrrrrrrrr

I assure you, you are downloading the file to a temp location, then immediately running it. You must have a fast internet connection since the file size is almost 200MB.
Right click on the EXE on DJI's site and select Save Target As.
Or download the zip file and extract the executable from it.

Once you have the file saved, you can use one of the three options given in:
3 Ways to Fix 'This app has been blocked for your protection'

Your screenshot showing it didn't come from store shows its in your download folder so you did in fact download it. Please stop arguing that point.
Your real issue is that you can't RUN it to INSTALL it. Nobody is arguing about that.

You'll have to use one of the 3 workarounds until DJI gets the app resigned and posted.

Reactions: mnis
Link to executable with signature removed: DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.6.exe

Sorry it took so long, I don't have the fastest upload speeds. All that time and this forum rejects the zip file for being too big.

I have successfully installed this update so I know it can be installed. It will go through the usual "Run as administrator?" UAC prompt but it shouldn't be blocked.

Reactions: Point Zero and ff22
Hi don’t no we’re you are installed it . Still won’t let me

Attachments

• 107CABA4-623B-4273-ACFA-082C0D5A0D3E.jpeg
    107CABA4-623B-4273-ACFA-082C0D5A0D3E.jpeg
    513.3 KB · Views: 18
This doesn't solve it, this is for "unrecognised" (aka unsigned) files, but this one is signed and explicitly revoked which is a hard "no-no" and thus not handled by this setting.

Anyway DJI just released a new version with a fixed certificate.

Also you don't need assistant to fly your aircraft.

Last edited:
Reactions: mnis
Restart the computer while holding down the shift key. Select Trouble Shoot >Advanced options > Startup settings > Select #7 > Restart. Now you should be able to install DJI Assistant 2 as Administrator.
This also works to install DJI Flight Simulator.

Getting really fed up now ggrrrr I have just been out and got a new laptop with windows 10 coz the assistance on here say all good . Now I Can’t download assistant 2 for my Mavic 2 zoom so I can’t bloody fly it .. why is windows blocking me from downloading assistant 2 ?????????????????????????????
Restart the computer while holding down the shift key. Select Trouble Shoot >Advanced options > Startup settings > Select #7 > Restart. Now you should be able to install DJI Assistant 2 as Administrator.
This also works to install DJI Flight Simulator.

Another member posted success with a new download from DJI and the first response was a failure. There are so many combinations of hardware, software, and settings that can screw things up but this might be worth a try for you.
DJI Assistant 2 User Account Control appears to be fixed

Reactions: ff22
Getting really fed up now ggrrrr I have just been out and got a new laptop with windows 10 coz the assistance on here say all good . Now I Can’t download assistant 2 for my Mavic 2 zoom so I can’t bloody fly it .. why is windows blocking me from downloading assistant 2 ?????????????????????????????
New version is available at dji..v2.0.7
New version v2.0.7 available at DJI now

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S