DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can’t fly mavic pro Restricted airspace

BigJack73

Reactions
I just bought a used mavic pro. Went to test fly it in my backyard and it wouldn’t let me take off through the app. Said I was in restricted airspace. I had a phantom 3 and have been able to fly from my house all the time. Why won’t the mavic let me fly? Is there a setting I need to turn off?

Reactions: Hauptmann
I don't think that you mean "Restricted Airspace" because that is just a DJI enhanced warning zone that you can self-unlock and fly in. You probably mean a DJI Geo restricted zone, which cannot be bypassed without authorization:

Restricted Zones. In these Zones, which appear red the DJI GO app, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is prevented. If you believe you have the authorization to operate in a Restricted Zone, please contact [email protected] or Online Unlocking.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Yay!!!! I got it flying!!!! I guess the mavic software is a little more updated with more nanny nags than the phantom was. I needed to enter my cell number and get a text to self authorize. I was not getting a good cell signal so I never got the text. I just did a low level flight in my tiny backyard just to see how it flies. Wow!!!! This is drone is amazing!!! Can't wait to get a nice long distance flight in.

So I am still having issues not being able to fly. I was able to unlock the IN NFZ once for a very brief flight. Now I am not able to bypass this on the controller/iphone. I tried a searching and found a site on the internet that said I need to request this on dji.com. I went there but there was no where to request authorization to fly. I must be missing a step or something.

So I am still having issues not being able to fly. I was able to unlock the IN NFZ once for a very brief flight. Now I am not able to bypass this on the controller/iphone. I tried a searching and found a site on the internet that said I need to request this on dji.com. I went there but there was no where to request authorization to fly. I must be missing a step or something.

You haven't provided nearly enough information to diagnose the problem. We don't know what the zone is, whether it is available for self-authorization, or whether you would need a custom unlock. You need either to provide that information or, even better, the location, if you want any help.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Wasn’t sure what info was needed. zip code is 33033. I’m literally a mile away from homestead air reserve base. The old thing is I was able to self unlock once. I got a text, replied to text, and was able to fly. Now I can’t reproduce that.

Wasn’t sure what info was needed. zip code is 33033. I’m literally a mile away from homestead air reserve base. The old thing is I was able to self unlock once. I got a text, replied to text, and was able to fly. Now I can’t reproduce that.

Well you are either in a warning zone (yellow - no unlock needed), enhanced warning zone (orange - unlock needed) or authorization zone (blue - verified unlock needed). Self-unlocking and getting a text implies enhanced warning zone or authorization zone. When you say that you cannot reproduce the authorization, do you mean that you cannot request it, or you don't get a text, or the text code doesn't work?

grab136.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54