DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can a Mavic Pro survive out in the wild?

b0ggy

Reactions
Hi everyone,

New to the form here (and drone flying as well). Last November my girlfriend and I were flying drones out near Arches NP in Utah. She was flying a Mavic 2 Pro. I think a sudden gust of wind caught her drone and made it crash on one of the mesas. We could not recover it at the time.

Fast-forward, a year passed and now we recieved an email from DJI that someone has recovered our drone. Arches NP isn't know for massive snow or rain but it definitely happens a bunch over the course of a year.

What are the chances it will still be operational, after a year out in the wild? Should we be getting our hopes up for nothing?

Thanks in advance!

It's nice to know DJI do that or that at least that they did it in this case.
There's only one way you will ever know for sure....... but don't get your hopes up. That way if it works, it's a plus and if it doesn't.....oh well at least you tried and know.

Hi everyone,

New to the form here (and drone flying as well). Last November my girlfriend and I were flying drones out near Arches NP in Utah. She was flying a Mavic 2 Pro. I think a sudden gust of wind caught her drone and made it crash on one of the mesas. We could not recover it at the time.

Fast-forward, a year passed and now we recieved an email from DJI that someone has recovered our drone. Arches NP isn't know for massive snow or rain but it definitely happens a bunch over the course of a year.

What are the chances it will still be operational, after a year out in the wild? Should we be getting our hopes up for nothing?

Thanks in advance!
Even if it was working, you would no that there was damage somewhere in the drone, Let them put in the new board , new battery and give a clean bill of health.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain,

Firstly, welcome to the forum, all be it regarding something from a crash.

It's nice to know DJI do that or that at least that they did it in this case.

Agree ! Pretty lucky really, first time I've ever read this sort of DJI action.

The M2P if know to have hit a mesa and crashed, will probably have some damage, but who knows ?
It might have settled in the lee of a rock, sheltered from snow / rain at least.
Probably dusty as heck inside and out, but no doubt that could be cleaned up by a repairer.

A year ago ?
Do you still have all the M2P kit ?

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
Possibly. I mean it is the desert so of all places that’s probably the best you could have lost it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143