DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can a Non OEM charger harm your controller ?

scott rand

Reactions
I bought one of those blue monstrosity (large **** charger) battery chargers, the kind that can charge 3 batteries at once. Anyway, I went away on vacation, and left that home, and brought my OEM battery charger with me. All of a sudden, my controller will not charge anymore using the OEM battery charger OR that blue charger. I've tried different mini USB cords, and no matter what, my controller won't charge. The drone batteries charge no matter which charger I use.

Can those non OEM chargers harm your controller ? Any thoughts ? I've never had this issue before.

I charge my controller with my phone charger in my truck all the time. Doesn't seem to harm it

No, it shouldn't matter as long as its rated properly. The supply voltage needs to be correct. If both chargers are not working on your mavic controller I would bet something is up with the controller. Its the USB output of the charger that you are talking about so hook up a cell phone or something that uses USB to take a charge and see if it charges. That will prove it is or isn't the charger(s).

Reactions: Masheen
That there monstrosity charger is the only one I've ever used. Never even unpacked the OEMs. I can't see where it would be the cause of an issue charging your RC. Then again, I'm no electrical engineer. I'm thinkin' maybe the problem is either in the RC itself... or the charging cables.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag