DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone recommend a lightweight tablet with a super bright screen...

You'll probably have to go with Crystal Sky or Smart Controller most likely . . . check out a search for either or both on the forum here, this one came up with a search for both names . . .

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Huawei M5 lite I think has a fairly bright screen it is slightly smaller than the Huawei M5 which has a very bright screen, but heavyish for use with the controller
The Huawei MediaPad M5 and M5 Pro are bright. The M5 produces up to 401 nits and the M5 Pro emits up to 378 nits, measurements that fall on both sides of the 394-nit tablet average.
Not 1000 nits though!

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
You might want to read this post. FYI, its all about the nits. For the DJI Crystal Sky there are some drawbacks when needing to use 3rd party apps. Same goes for the DJI Smart
Controller.

I run the same gear. What a joy it would be to see. I’ll be watching for ideas. I haven’t tried the shade blocking side panels like a radar scope operator would use. Could test using tape and card board before investing in pro product. Eventually I fear I will just get used to degraded visual feedback. Good luck to us all

I run the same gear. What a joy it would be to see. I’ll be watching for ideas. I haven’t tried the shade blocking side panels like a radar scope operator would use. Could test using tape and card board before investing in pro product. Eventually I fear I will just get used to degraded visual feedback. Good luck to us all

I have looked at some of these light blocking shades and panels. I would guess that they make controlling the drone very awkward as they interfere with your hand positions fro what I can see.

I have looked at some of these light blocking shades and panels. I would guess that they make controlling the drone very awkward as they interfere with your hand positions fro what I can see.

Not even a little using a tablet on a good tablet mount.

Last edited:
Here’s a link to brightness measurements on current cell phones with bright displays—

Not quite as bright as the CrystalSky, but close. But I suspect that continuous operation at high temperatures might cause the screen to automatically dim to prevent damage to the cell phone or tablet. To my knowledge no tablet or cell phone has an internal fan to prevent excessive heat buildup, unlike the CrystalSky which has a powerful internal fan.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas