DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone talk me out of buying BT-300 glasses

I have found today that to get the Moverio to pair with the Mavic2 controller, drone, Go4 app that you have to follow a strict sequence.
Plugin the Moverio touchpad
Turn on touchpad
Turn on the drone
Turn on drone controller
Plugin Micro USB into the righthand side of the touchpad
Plugin USB into the rear side of the drone controller
Open the Go4 App

Works for me..... good luck

I’m in the same boat. Glasses have been in and out of my amazon cart sooo many times in the past few weeks. Looking for reasons to NOT buy them other than that they are expensive.

I’m in the same boat. Glasses have been in and out of my amazon cart sooo many times in the past few weeks. Looking for reasons to NOT buy them other than that they are expensive.

They are a little expensive but they are nice. If you have the throw away money I say go get you some.

The main fault with them I find is that the curser is far too sensitive, I find this very frustrating when scrolling through the settings on the Go 4 App but the concept is great.
Epson needs to try and sort this problem out!

I have been told by Epson that this cannot be done, if you know of a way then I would be very interested to know.

Go to Settings > System > Accessibility >
Touch and hold sensitivity = Adjusts the sensitivity of detecting holding down the track pad.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Thanks for that info I will give that a try, strange when I contacted Epson support they said it could not be done, typical.

I'm a little late but this has to be one of the BEST posts ever posted! I read it twice. . . . great job dwolfe002 and thanks for the stroll down memory lane. I'm glad you stuck with it. By now (this date) you are probably sleeping with them on. Don't worry about dinner, food and the whole eating thing to survive . . . it's overrated.

I'm a little late but this has to be one of the BEST posts ever posted! I read it twice. . . . great job dwolfe002 and thanks for the stroll down memory lane. I'm glad you stuck with it. By now (this date) you are probably sleeping with them on. Don't worry about dinner, food and the whole eating thing to survive . . . it's overrated.

Thanks Skywatcher2001. I don't know why but I definitely went down that memory lane stroll. I haven't had a chance to fly in a couple of months due to some health issues but I'm looking forward to getting out in September to continue on the walk.

Take care and happy flying!

I had a pair of BT300's for a short. The idea is great, the screen is perfect for flying, the reason I got rid of them is the Android device is just way too underpowered. I had lousey results with the go4 app as far as the display pixelating and freezing.

I saw these glasses in an advertisement and thought they would be just what I'm looking for. The sun here is pretty bright and I can't always see my ipad even with sunshade and a screen cover. Even when I can, when I look at the ipad and look back up, many times I can't find my drone in the sky without taking it higher or performing an RTH. I've read everything I can find on them and most of the problems I've seen are heat related and it does get warm here during the summer especially. Does the 2019 version have heating problems or any other problems that may make me regret a decision to buy them. They really do seem to be a great alternative.
i have the moverio bt-300 drone edition and have serious issues with the epson android device getting so hot it created lagging issues,with very little help from epson moverio i discovered that using a different cable instead of the one provided my classes are working properly at this time,i will know for sure today when i put my m2p in the air today,my home test involved connecting the glasses with the drone then recording,with the old cable the android device got extremely hot and started to lag with the new cable the android device didn’t even get warm so i’m feeling confident this cured things.

the new cable is a 90’ micro usb to 90’ micro usb instead of the one provided which is micro usb to usb

Don't know anything about BT300, but I NEVER FLY WITHOUT the original white DJI Goggles. They are a godsend.
Bo
Thought I was the only one placing the BT300 glasses in and out of the basket.
Hesitant to buy on Amazon. Read where many are getting open box-used glasses.
The DJI white goggles are illegal for me to use since I dont have an observer.
Wish someone around Central Illinois; (Normal, IL) had a pair I could actually see what the camera actually sees.

Thought I was the only one placing the BT300 glasses in and out of the basket.
Hesitant to buy on Amazon. Read where many are getting open box-used glasses.
The DJI white goggles are illegal for me to use since I dont have an observer.
Wish someone around Central Illinois; (Normal, IL) had a pair I could actually see what the camera actually sees.
The overheating issues have been resolved with the latest version 4.3.28 of DJI GO4 app. I bought mine used & had overheating/serious lag issues right when I first flew my Mavic 2 Pro with them. A tech guy who works closely with the Epson Moverio team suggested that I do a factory reset to restore my Moverio BT-300 to it’s original factory default state. I then upgraded the preinstalled DJI GO4 app to it’s latest version that I already mentioned. From hereon in I have never had any issues whatsoever! I also have not added anything else in the way of apps. Did a few tweaks like changing video transmission from HD to NORMAL & turning OFF Video Cache. Best investment I’ve ever made! Nothing like never having to take your eyes off your drone while flying. BTW, there’s a guy in our Facebook Group who’s selling his BT-300 for $300; heck of a deal.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I wasn't able to focus on the screens of the BT300. I went to the drugstore and tried every strength of their "Readers" but found nothing that let me focus.

LOL, actually funny enough I did before, but I ended up switching to contact lenses & thin reading glasses for the BT300.
Most of the time I wear contacts, but left eye is for reading, and the right is for distance. So they wouldn't work with the BT 300's.
I'm way past the thin readers....
I really need to know if I can wear progressive glasses with the BT300's.
Will try Epson's site for that answer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan