DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can Gimbal Wires Be Repaired?

You can find most of the parts you're going to need for the repair. The question is whether water got into the gimbal, main board, core board. Be careful when taking it apart, the ribbon cables and the gimbal are very very fragile and tear like paper

Do you still do the repairs? I saw you were swapping cameras out in another post. I live in northwest Indiana, how much would you charge for a repair and how long would something like that take?

Thank you,

Alex

Does anyone know if the camera will function without the gimbal connector? I have the same situation as the OP so I thought I'd try to solder the wire, connect the camera, and see if it works before replacing the gimbal flat connector since I'll have to send to DJI if I can't repair the camera wire myself. Get no feed from the camera yet, but there seems to be continuity on the contacts using wire soldered. Any help or experience to share is appreciated!

Does anyone know if the camera will function without the gimbal connector? I have the same situation as the OP so I thought I'd try to solder the wire, connect the camera, and see if it works before replacing the gimbal flat connector since I'll have to send to DJI if I can't repair the camera wire myself. Get no feed from the camera yet, but there seems to be continuity on the contacts using wire soldered. Any help or experience to share is appreciated!

Depends which connector. Without the ribbon connected you wont get gimbal movement. Without the metal stranded cable, you wont get video.

PM Sent

Hi Rob,

I notice you are sending PM's to members, I do understand the need for PM's (for passing on email addresses and maybe contact details) but would it not be a good idea to post the results of your knowledge within the post so that others who maybe interested or are following in the subject can also know of the final results.

Your knowledge and expertise has helped a lot of people on this site, thank you.

Hi Rob,

I notice you are sending PM's to members, I do understand the need for PM's (for passing on email addresses and maybe contact details) but would it not be a good idea to post the results of your knowledge within the post so that others who maybe interested or are following in the subject can also know of the final results.

Your knowledge and expertise has helped a lot of people on this site, thank you.

I appreciate your comment. I usually send PMs when Im trying to sell a part or service, and even though I am an Approved Vendor here, I didnt think everyone wants to read a sales ad Ive written to a member. I also dont want to hijack peoples threads with my, "send it to me, I can fix it" stuff. That being said, here's the PM I sent hehe :D

"If you cant get your gimbal fixed, let me know. I fix them and work alot cheaper and faster than DJI. When you get it back from me, you can buy DJI Refresh insurance. Im in Duluth, GA."

You are not only selling parts etc you are helping a lot of us new drone users, so do not worry about advertising here as you say you are an approved vendor, you helped me awhile ago when I crashed, but as I am in Australia it was too expensive to send to you so I did the repair with help from your suggestions here on this site, thank you for your help.

Reactions: mcDRONIN
You are not only selling parts etc you are helping a lot of us new drone users, so do not worry about advertising here as you say you are an approved vendor, you helped me awhile ago when I crashed, but as I am in Australia it was too expensive to send to you so I did the repair with help from your suggestions here on this site, thank you for your help.

You're more than welcome. Happy to help.

I was able to reconnect the wire. An image displays fine but the gimbal is moving all the way up, all the way down, pausing for 5-10 secs, then repeating. Could this be related to the ribbon cable?
How did you repair the wire?

I appreciate your comment. I usually send PMs when Im trying to sell a part or service, and even though I am an Approved Vendor here, I didnt think everyone wants to read a sales ad Ive written to a member. I also dont want to hijack peoples threads with my, "send it to me, I can fix it" stuff. That being said, here's the PM I sent hehe :D

"If you cant get your gimbal fixed, let me know. I fix them and work alot cheaper and faster than DJI. When you get it back from me, you can buy DJI Refresh insurance. Im in Duluth, GA."
Hi my names Erockk and I fly a Frankenstein mavic ,long story short "friend" of mine hi jacked my mavic while I was over seas registered and crashed it befor my return , so I came home to a pile of parts and a friend with two broken fingers self inflicted I didant touch him ☠️ Never the less with my American ingenuity and stubborn never say impossible attitude I was able to repair torn gimbal ribon , two broken severed legs and small astetics blemishes on my own with great success so although Ifrankinstin flys perfectly with all sensors intact I was in able to receive video transmission to my phone , so iam looking to purchase or hear of any suggestions on this wire ribbon and possibly get the opportunity to reclaim my 8 fingered friends non insured dji care mavic , I also have his email (registered owner ) Email now , and password for the registered account , do you have any thoughts or suggestions., thanks for you commitment to this site and all the operators within .
S. S ELS III

Attachments

• IMG_0749.JPG
    IMG_0749.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
Hi Erockk, welcome to the site, IF a friend of mine hijacked my Mavic he/she would no longer be my friend.

Hi my names Erockk and I fly a Frankenstein mavic ,long story short "friend" of mine hi jacked my mavic while I was over seas registered and crashed it befor my return , so I came home to a pile of parts and a friend with two broken fingers self inflicted I didant touch him ☠️ Never the less with my American ingenuity and stubborn never say impossible attitude I was able to repair torn gimbal ribon , two broken severed legs and small astetics blemishes on my own with great success so although Ifrankinstin flys perfectly with all sensors intact I was in able to receive video transmission to my phone , so iam looking to purchase or hear of any suggestions on this wire ribbon and possibly get the opportunity to reclaim my 8 fingered friends non insured dji care mavic , I also have his email (registered owner ) Email now , and password for the registered account , do you have any thoughts or suggestions., thanks for you commitment to this site and all the operators within .
S. S ELS III

You should take out the old silver cable and look at it under a magnifying glass to see if it is broken. Even 1 broken strand of that cable will prevent video feed from coming through.

Not here!
bf45f9f2be06e0a52056ae71db25ee32.jpg

Well he isn't the smartest cookie in the jar bur when given the option to self punish he didn't hesitate to snap his own fingers by request . I forgave after that , spoke highly of his regret , try to break ur own finger it's not easy

You should take out the old silver cable and look at it under a magnifying glass to see if it is broken. Even 1 broken strand of that cable will prevent video feed from coming through.
Uddate : so after compiling Parts up from online vendors the day I received my last order during a transaction to sell my Phantom 3 I got robbed for my mavic I posted about her recently check my profile it's a semi-decent story at least to me it seems like it would make a great movie now keep in mind this is 80% accurate and a hundred percent true

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929