DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can Gimbal Wires Be Repaired?

waplm

Reactions
Crashed my Mavic. The ribbon cable and mounting plate broke, but the silver wires were intact (with camera hanging) and image transmission worked.

I replaced the ribbon cable and mounting plate, but now there's no image transmission. Looking more closely, one of the silver wires broke. It must've happened during the repair. Can this wire be repaired (solder?) or does the harness need to be replaced? Any idea on where to get the harness?

Thanks!

Attachments

• wire.jpg
    wire.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 183
You can try soldering it, just be careful. Vendors are starting to sell the ribbon cables but I have not seen this cable for sale. I will probably have one or two to sell when I get back from vacation at the end of the month. Not sure about pricing yet.

If anyone has seen these cables for sale anywhere, let the OP know.

Reactions: Busted Grouse
I was able to reconnect the wire. An image displays fine but the gimbal is moving all the way up, all the way down, pausing for 5-10 secs, then repeating. Could this be related to the ribbon cable?

Do yourself a favor and put the old ribbon cable back in and see what happens. its time consuming, but its really the only way to troubleshoot your problem.

I just watched disassembly/reassembly video and noticed that I didn't route the end of the cable through the little gap on the mounting plate. I went ahead and that fixed it! Maybe there was too much slack during calibration, or perhaps the connection wasn't secure enough? Either way, the gimbal looks good! I'll have to give it a test flight this week. Thanks!

You can try soldering it, just be careful. Vendors are starting to sell the ribbon cables but I have not seen this cable for sale. I will probably have one or two to sell when I get back from vacation at the end of the month. Not sure about pricing yet.

Hi,
Had a crash almost a month ago. Ribon cable was broken. After receiving the cable from Fstop.labs and replacing it the gimble moves and calibrates , perfectly but no video.. sensor error.. the silver cables doesn't hve the visible damage like breaking, but in some places are bended. So I suppose the error is because of cabling (the last point can be only the sensor). Tried to order gimbal with camera on ebay, order was accepted, money transferred, but today received note that product was removed from range an still didn't got any info from seller :)
So now I'm in trouble, since in middle of April having a trip which must be filmed an stil dont have solution.
Maybe you know when exactly your "end of the month" is coming :) and maybe it will be possible to get cable from you ASAP.

Regards!

A vendor told me that DJI will not sell that cable separately from the camera assembly.

A vendor told me that DJI will not sell that cable separately from the camera assembly.
That's correct. They'll make you send in your entire Mavic.

Reactions: Rbruz and Kilrah
Yep, but some people collect broken Mavics and part them out to sell the components so you can find some once in a while.

Reactions: Rbruz
Try aliexpress.com I think they have the ribbons as well as the gimbal plate

Reactions: Rbruz
I find it highly satisfying that a manufacturer with bad customer service, from a country with no respect for intellectual property rights, is being bypassed by users' shared knowledge, 3D printers, and Alibaba.

which manufacturer with bad customer service ?

I will pay top dollar for the silver cable shoot me a price

Just had a crash in to water, hit a tree on the way in a ripped the gimble half off. The front is still attached by bands, but the back looks to have a cracked tab sticking up and the rubber mounts are out of the slots the seat in. I also have the ribbon cable completely severed and the silver cables seem in good shap but would like to replace if it's not going to break the bank while I have it apart. Can anyone help my with parts recommendations? I assume some of the repairs mentioned above have been used, replays from those folk would be welcome!

Just had a crash in to water, hit a tree on the way in a ripped the gimble half off. The front is still attached by bands, but the back looks to have a cracked tab sticking up and the rubber mounts are out of the slots the seat in. I also have the ribbon cable completely severed and the silver cables seem in good shap but would like to replace if it's not going to break the bank while I have it apart. Can anyone help my with parts recommendations? I assume some of the repairs mentioned above have been used, replays from those folk would be welcome!

Are you going to try to fix it yourself?

Are you going to try to fix it yourself?
That's my plan, I like to learn and I figure it will be good to know this thing inside and out. Or someone on here can tell me I'm insane and need tiny hands to work on this thing at which point I'll throw in the towel and send it to DJI. It's my first time attempting this big of a job on the drone so I need to find out if the parts can even be found and at what cost vs their $300 repair.

Reactions: newguy and Rbruz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag