DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I Do DJI Mini 4 Pro Recreational Flying While Visiting Germany...???

Ancient Aviator

Reactions
I 'll be visiting Germany late this spring while on vacation. If it's legal per German law, I'd like to do some recreational flying of my DJI Mini 4 Pro for the purposes of amateur photography. Can anybody point me in the right direction, or offer advice regarding the rules and regulations of a non-resident flying a sUAS drone for non-commercial purposes while visiting Germany and/or Luxembourg? I'm a US citizen and FAA Part 107 certified if that makes any difference, however my guess is it doesn't. Thank you!

Reactions: Ancient Aviator
I'm sorry...I don't see a link for the article you mention??? I know I'm going to feel real dumb...

Thank you.
The word "article" has a hyperlink. Just click on it

So...reading the hyperlink data provided above...it appears there is no "49 USC 44809: Exception for limited recreational operations of unmanned aircraft" such as we have in the USA, for recreational-ONLY sUAS flying in Germany??? Can somebody-anybody please confirm that???

Thanks again.

You will need both a liability insurance covering Germany and a user identification code (e-ID) which you have to apply for at LPLUS TestStudio and which you will have to attach to the Mini 4 Pro.It will take some time until the e-ID will be sent, so you better apply before you will start your trip.
And you should take a look to the EU drone laws, e.g. not flying higher than 120m over takeoff location, avoiding restricted areas such as airports, not flying outside visual line of sight and so on.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13