DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I fly here, but only to 50 meters in height?

Yaros

Reactions
Hello, I'm from Spain and planning a trip to France in the next few days, wanted to bring my drone.
Found a nice spot to fly, but it says Only to 50 meters in height*. What does that * mean? Can I fly there or not? It is controlled airspace.

1671973975513.png

Hello, I'm from Spain and planning a trip to France in the next few days, wanted to bring my drone.
Found a nice spot to fly, but it says Only to 50 meters in height*. What does that * mean? Can I fly there or not? It is controlled airspace.

View attachment 158673
I am not sure what the orange means but I'm guessing it's just an altitude limit and if that is the case then yes...you could fly there assuming you can get permission from DJI to unlock the drone if that is restricted. The orange might simply mean there is an altitude limit and no permission is required. I never see that color so I am not sure. The comment seems to only imply an altitude limit. The red may be a no-fly zone that you will want to be sure to not fly into. It can lock up the drone and make it impossible to return if that is the case.

As @akdrone said, if you're planning on flying in an area, it may need unlocking by DJI. I suggest you figure out where you want to fly and get it all unlocked from home before you leave. IMO there is nothing worse than getting out in the field and only then discovering that you need to get an unlock license. And even from home, doing a custom unlock does it guarantee what DJI says it will unlock. I've experienced that a number of times.

As @akdrone said, if you're planning on flying in an area, it may need unlocking by DJI. I suggest you figure out where you want to fly and get it all unlocked from home before you leave. IMO there is nothing worse than getting out in the field and only then discovering that you need to get an unlock license. And even from home, doing a custom unlock does it guarantee what DJI says it will unlock. I've experienced that a number of times.
Yep! I checked DJI Flysafe map. All zones except blue and red you can take off. In orange zone you just need to accept the “responsibility agreement” in DJI Fly prior to take off, in blue zone you need to apply for unlock. In red zone you can't take off at all. In Yellow zone it will just warn you on takeoff.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Reactions: GFields
Remember that DJI's airspace maps do not reflect the official limits from the civil aviation authorities.
I do know that.

Here's a document, in English, from AISA.
I live in Spain and fly here often, I do know the rules. In this thread I was asking about France, not Spain, but thanks!

it looks like the enaire site with UAS airspace maps is offline for maintenance.
Yep, it is, and it has been for a few days now.

Reactions: MS Coast
I missed your mention of France. Should have recognized your name; I've enjoyed looking at your posts, particularly the panoramas of small towns and wild places in Spain.

Bonne chance en France.

• Love
Reactions: Yaros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo