DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I fly mavic mini properly with samsung galaxy s20 ultra ?

Steeve Stark

Reactions
Can I fly Mavic mini with samsung galaxy s20 ultra ? The official site has mentioned samsung galaxy s20 is compatible but told nothing about S20 ultra. Has anyone flew Mavic mini with samsung s20 ultra ?

Can I fly Mavic mini with samsung galaxy s20 ultra ? The official site has mentioned samsung galaxy s20 is compatible but told nothing about S20 ultra. Has anyone flew Mavic mini with samsung s20 ultra ?
Tested today the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra with my Mavic 2 Zoom using DJI Go 4. No problems found: no lags, no disconnections, max.distance: above 2 km. Also checked the own screen recorder at the same time with no issues.
Despite this phone is not in the list of DJI tested devices, seems 100% compatible.
Looking for new test with my Mini very soon

Tested today the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra with my Mavic 2 Zoom using DJI Go 4. No problems found: no lags, no disconnections, max.distance: above 2 km. Also checked the own screen recorder at the same time with no issues.
Despite this phone is not in the list of DJI tested devices, seems 100% compatible.
Looking for new test with my Mini very soon
Hi, did you manage to test on the mavic mini?

Assuming you have the S22 U in your hands already, try installing DJI Fly (download the APK from the DJI site rather than from google play). If it installs and runs fine then you should be able to use it as your screen device. It's a fairly new phone and from the Samsung Galaxy lineup, so I would expect it to be fine.

Last edited:
Even if it does work now, expect it to not work (for a month or 2) when your OS is updated this is the norm with dji software.

dji=good hardware terrible software.

You can reasonably expect it to work fine.

I've been using a s10 with a mini1 for 2.5yrs. I did have a brief few weeks in early 2020 when there was a compatibility issue with Fly and the version of Android my phone offered me to upgrade to. It wasn't long and DJI released a new version of Fly that was compatible. I worked round it by rolling back to the earlier version of Android until Fly app got updated, so I was grounded for all of a few days (could still Fly with just the controller, but that makes it difficult to compose shots, as you're working blind).

Yes, I used it all the time until getting my new phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead