DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I justify a Spark and a Mini?

Thanks for the feedback! Are you finding the air to give you a big enough jump over the mini to account for the price bump? I was going to jump to that for the raw files but after downloading a bunch of mini jpegs I was pretty satisfied.

I really dig the sparks features and build but maybe I am being silly. When would I use it over the mini outside of some active track situations?

Mavic Air is a powerhouse in terms of flight stability, speed and camera settings flexibility.

It all depends on what you want to do with your Drone.

For occasional recreational flying with good video and picture quality the Spark it excellent.

For better video quality, double flight time but at the expense of camera settings flexibility and flight stability the Mavic Mini will do.

If you want solid performance in all areas for under a grand. The Mavic Air is the choice.

I gave the Spark to my daughter because for me, it is perfect beginner Drone. It have everything and more needed to start with sure foot in the hobby.

The Mini will be my go anywhere, do anything, anytime Drone. Always in my car, in my backpack , ready for that special moment that needs to be pictured or recorded from above.

The Air is my workhorse Drone. Whenever I need perfect control over quality and results, this is the one

I got rid of my TWO spark for the Mavic Mini

I still have TWO Mavic Air with the Mavic Mini

Why two Spark and Mavic Air?
My wife's idea.

I used to build drones.
Wife noticed I had a bunch of spare parts for repair.
But if I had to send off to service, I would have nothing.
She then said here, take a look at these specials on QVC :D
Yup, I have 3 Sparks (2 with no air time), Mini 1, 2 Mavic Pro's and 1 Mavic Pro 2. Guess I'm addicted. I like the Mini specifically for the air time. The longer the flight the more one learns.. one long 20+ min flight beats a slew of 12 min flights; humble opinion and a life of flying.

Reactions: m80116
Sure, I have both plus an Air 2 and had a 2 zoom that was a lemon. The Spark has a couple of things going for it. The batteries charge faster than any of the Mavics I have owned, and it's easy to change the parameters and make the drone a 50 MPH vertical and 20 MPH horizontal terror, almost like a poor man's DJI FPV. I also have used it for storm photos, it handles the wind well and I can get it down quickly in modded form (and I don't really mess with RAW so that's not a huge issue).

I have two sparks. I have the second one because I couldn't wait for DJI to fix the obstacle sensor on the first one after a uh ...I think the FAA refers to it as "controlled flight into terrain" I rarely fly them but when I do I'm amazed at how nice the video is and I really just can't bring myself to sell them. I would bet your friend feels the same way and is only offering it to you at that good price to you because he doesn't want to sell it to a stranger. I don't have a mini but I do know the Spark is far more rugged and can handle strong winds better, It has a very short range battery wise, but to tell the truth it's not much worse than the Air1. Both drones charge rapidly. My original thought was to tell you not to buy the Spark but I'm wavering...why won't I sell mine???:confused:

Reactions: dan.utinske
I still have my sacrificial Spark. I fly it in situations in which I wouldn’t fly one of my other too numerous drones.

The nice thing about the Sparks obstacle avoidance is that it actually works at night unlike other DJI drones

I have two sparks. I have the second one because I couldn't wait for DJI to fix the obstacle sensor on the first one after a uh ...I think the FAA refers to it as "controlled flight into terrain" I rarely fly them but when I do I'm amazed at how nice the video is and I really just can't bring myself to sell them. I would bet your friend feels the same way and is only offering it to you at that good price to you because he doesn't want to sell it to a stranger. I don't have a mini but I do know the Spark is far more rugged and can handle strong winds better, It has a very short range battery wise, but to tell the truth it's not much worse than the Air1. Both drones charge rapidly. My original thought was to tell you not to buy the Spark but I'm wavering...why won't I sell mine???:confused:
Second your comments; like you I have more then one Spark (3) of which 2 are new - never flown! Can't seem to part with them. I also have the Mini 1 and 2 Mavic Pro's and a Mavic Pro 2. I spend most of my flight time with the Mavic Pro.. but love the Mini and Spark for both ATTI and regular flight. I just wish the Spark had a bit more battery time; but to me it's a tank.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlipPak