DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I use DJI GO 4 app without a drone?

Londroner

Reactions
I'm still awaiting the arrival of my Mavic Pro but was wondering if I can use the DJI app without it. The reason for this is to check NFZs in my area to see how practical flying a drone would be.

I've downloaded the app for my iPhone but see it needs a login. Can I create an account without a drone linked to it or can this only be done when you've got your drone?

Any advice would be helpful in smoothing the way for when my drone is finally delivered.

Thanks

The app has limited use without the Mavic connected but you can view flight restricted areas without the aircraft. Airmap is a better option if you're looking for an app based means of locating NFZ's. Just my opinion by the way.

The app has limited use without the Mavic connected but you can view flight restricted areas without the aircraft. Airmap is a better option if you're looking for an app based means of locating NFZ's. Just my opinion by the way.
Thanks, appreciate it. I have checked NFZs on other maps and DJI's own web site and noticed some differences. I wanted to see what their app shows, specifically in my area.

I'm still awaiting the arrival of my Mavic Pro but was wondering if I can use the DJI app without it. The reason for this is to check NFZs in my area to see how practical flying a drone would be.

I've downloaded the app for my iPhone but see it needs a login. Can I create an account without a drone linked to it or can this only be done when you've got your drone?

Any advice would be helpful in smoothing the way for when my drone is finally delivered.

Thanks
I was able to use the app on my Samsung Galaxy S8 plus by starting

Thanks
I was able to use the go4 app on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ without being connected to the drone
I found it acccidently
Here's how it happened
I was in the house and had the drone and radio turned on and connected
My radio battery was showing low so I turned the drone off
I noticed the the app was still working and I was able to navigate to different areas of the app
Next I turned the radio off and disconnected my phone from the radio to see if the app would still work
Sure enough I was still able to navigate all areas of the go4 app
The only thing that stopped me at the end was hitting the Dji up in the top left corner
So I hole this helps

I was able to use the app on my Samsung Galaxy S8 plus by starting

I was able to use the go4 app on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ without being connected to the drone
I found it acccidently
Here's how it happened
I was in the house and had the drone and radio turned on and connected
My radio battery was showing low so I turned the drone off
I noticed the the app was still working and I was able to navigate to different areas of the app
Next I turned the radio off and disconnected my phone from the radio to see if the app would still work
Sure enough I was still able to navigate all areas of the go4 app
The only thing that stopped me at the end was hitting the Dji up in the top left corner
So I hole this helps
One thing I noticed while playing with the app while disconnected was that the fields would show different than they they would while connected
For instance max height for return to home would show 0 instead of what it would show connected
Other than that it seemed to be a good way to familiarize ones self with the different screens and features without having to have the drone and radio on

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123