DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can it be true??? No more having to deal with DJI Customer Service

SkyIScrape

Reactions
Sam’s Club Black Friday Mavic bundle w/ backpack and spare blades: $899. 3-year protection plan: $59. Never again having to put up with DJI Customer Service: priceless.

Back in August, I bought my first Mavic from DJI store. 23 days later and 11 minutes of total flight time, I had a gimbal calibration issue that required me to send it in to DJI. Couple weeks later I get “a” Mavic back, but not mine. Totally different Serial number, but same original box with my old serial #. The Customer Service rep told me when I first opened the ticket that I can elect to buy DJI Care Refresh within 48 hours of receiving my drone back as he reminded me I forgot to when first buying the machine. So when I attempt to buy it from the DJI store it tells me my serial number and gimbal number are not eligible because they were already associated with an “expired DJI Care account”.

(For some good toilet reading which includes more details from my DJI Customer Service nightmare check out my post from a couple months back)

Yeah, so basically DJI traded me a refurb Mavic ineligible for DJI Care for my 23 day old Mavic...which cost $1000. I could’ve bought a refurb for $500!!! Just think about that for a second. I straight up feel like I’ve been robbed. Same dang feeling I get when I recall getting hosed on a $100 bag of oregano back in ‘93.

I know. I sound all butt hurt and I should get over it. Well, today I did.

The only difference with DJI Care Refresh, the protection plan doesn’t replace fly-a-ways. A clear line of sight and a white knuckle grip gives me the piece of mind that I will never have to deal the world’s absolute worst customer service. Never again!!! I’ll just kick back and let Sam’s take care of it (actually it’s Allstate that takes care of it.)

Free at last!!!

Actually I just remembered I gotta sell this old Mavic. Until then, they are still winning. Anyone need a Mavic? Comes with everything that was originally in the box. Controller, battery, charger, even have 2 spare blades. Never wrecked. 2 hours and 36 minutes of flight time. $800. OBO.

Whoa!!! My thread from September about my bad experience with DJI Customer Service is gone from my profile. Did it get taken down???!!! Moderator(s), what’s up with that? It was certainly a PG-rated post. Well that is interesting.

Happened with mine too, but I didn't complain because I think I caused my Gimbal Overload error by leaving the clamp on one too many times (a few times only and usually for a few secs, but last one was a minute before getting it back to home !).
The refurb seems better all round for some reason, so again I'm lucky that way.

Yeah, so basically DJI traded me a refurb Mavic ineligible for DJI Care for my 23 day old Mavic...which cost $1000.
DJI does a good job of explaining this in their warranty:

"When after-sales service involves the replacement of a product or part, the replaced product or part becomes DJI’s property and the replacement product or part becomes your property. Only unaltered DJI products and parts are eligible for replacement. Replacement products or parts provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part’s warranty."

Sure, not everyone likes getting back a refurbished unit. It must be more efficient though since a lot of other tech companies do the same thing.

Whoa!!! My thread from September about my bad experience with DJI Customer Service is gone from my profile. Did it get taken down???!!! Moderator(s), what’s up with that? It was certainly a PG-rated post. Well that is interesting.
We don't delete posts simply because they complain about DJI customer support. I went through the deleted posts the last few months and found nothing from you there. PM me if you have more info on it and I'll try and track it down.

DJI does a good job of explaining this in their warranty:

"When after-sales service involves the replacement of a product or part, the replaced product or part becomes DJI’s property and the replacement product or part becomes your property. Only unaltered DJI products and parts are eligible for replacement. Replacement products or parts provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part’s warranty."

Sure, not everyone likes getting back a refurbished unit. It must be more efficient though since a lot of other tech companies do the same thing.

What complicates the matter for some, is that the bird will more than likely be replaced/returned with the latest firmware, which so far prevents firmware rollback. My Mavic has a misaligned lens causing defective focus, and yet I cannot return it for warrantee service due to the above.

While DJI may not be the worst ever after sales support, surely we can agree they have left a lot of room for resellers to pick up the slack, or competitors barring that...

Reactions: SkyIScrape
That Sam's club plan for 3 yrs is about the same as 1yr of state farm coverage (ie good deal). Unfortunately I'd be stuck with additional $80 in sales tax buying from them, so about evens out.

Happened with mine too, but I didn't complain because I think I caused my Gimbal Overload error by leaving the clamp on one too many times (a few times only and usually for a few secs, but last one was a minute before getting it back to home !).
The refurb seems better all round for some reason, so again I'm lucky that way.
The minute I unboxed my first Mavic, I printed gimbal clamp next to start button on the battery. It is a constant reminder to me as I am just getting used to the wonders of flying a 1000.00 bill!

The minute I unboxed my first Mavic, I printed gimbal clamp next to start button on the battery. It is a constant reminder to me as I am just getting used to the wonders of flying a 1000.00 bill!

I did this straight away on the refirb, siliconed to the back of the clamp.

mavic_clamp_tape_lr.jpg

My Mavic has a misaligned lens causing defective focus, and yet I cannot return it for warrantee service due to the above.
Just buy the lens (only) from ebay. Quite cheap now and it's easy to replace. Certainly much better than having your FW updated to the latest one :)

Reactions: lrsn and Pathogen
Just buy the lens (only) from ebay. Quite cheap now and it's easy to replace. Certainly much better than having your FW updated to the latest one :)
I will be looking into this for sure! Thanks for being a bottomless pit of useful info! :)

If leaving the gimbal clamp on can damage the Mavic, then is a very poor design. If that's the case, then the manual should explicitly and clearly say so, with a warning box. Last I looked, there was no such warning. It would make me wonder how many other such poor design "features" are out there.

The design should be that if the protective clamp is in place (or anything else is obstructing the gimbal movement), the overload warning should come on, and power to the gimbal cut immediately to prevent damage, until the drone power is recycled. I suspect that this could be done with a firmware mod.

Can anybody definitively address my concern?

Been using one since they came out and works fine .

Reactions: JamesA
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista