DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can Not Fly Red Message Problem

bcoles

Reactions
Today, I applied for a Blue Authorization Unlock and successfully flew two flights in that area. I then went out into the "boonies" to take some photos of the snowy mountain tops. When I started up my Mavic 2 Pro a red message came across my iPad indicating I could not fly. I click on the message and it read I was in a NO Fly Zone. I know this area and knew that I wasn't. So I drove to one of my practice sites and the same message appeared. I drove home deleted the Go 4 app and installed a new one, set it up and drove back to my practice site. Same message. Drove home installed another new app, refreshed the Firmware, recalibrated the IMU, Updated Flysafe and drove to the practice site again. You guessed it : Red Can Not Fly Message. The drone has over a hundred successful flights until today and flew just like always in the Blue Zone. Now It won't fly. I'm stuck and need some help. Thanks, Bryan.

You might have been in a temporary no fly area. When the President came to my city, I couldn’t fly in my yard. It lasted 3 days prior and 2 days after his visit. Just a thought if you can get anymore details as to why. Is it still happening?

You might have been in a temporary no fly area. When the President came to my city, I couldn’t fly in my yard. It lasted 3 days prior and 2 days after his visit. Just a thought if you can get anymore details as to why. Is it still happening?
Thanks for the reply, I live in rural B.C. so not a likely hood of a Temporary No Fly area. Yesterday, I tried in over a half a dozen different locations with all the same results: Can Not Fly. I had good satellite coverage on each occasion so I was confident my AC knew where it was. My home is in a Blue Authorization Zone due to a small local airstrip so have not yet tried it this morning. Hopefully later this afternoon. My guess is I have a software fault somewhere and was hoping someone knew where in the system I could find it. I'm hopeful someone may have a hint or solution to my hopefully temporary problem. Bryan.

I assume you are in British Columbia so to start I do not know the regulations in Canada. In the US we have federal lands (called wilderness areas) in which it is illegal to fly. I have one near me and it is way out in the boonies. Have you tried to use AirMap to check that area?

I assume you are in British Columbia so to start I do not know the regulations in Canada. In the US we have federal lands (called wilderness areas) in which it is illegal to fly. I have one near me and it is way out in the boonies. Have you tried to use AirMap to check that area?
Yes, we also have wilderness areas which most are in yellow so only an acknowledgment is needed. Yesterday I did check DJI Flysafe again but nothing has changed in our area. This morning I drove to my practice site and again got the red message Can Not Fly-I had 18 satellites. Still stumped. Bryan.

Today, I applied for a Blue Authorization Unlock and successfully flew two flights in that area. I then went out into the "boonies" to take some photos of the snowy mountain tops. When I started up my Mavic 2 Pro a red message came across my iPad indicating I could not fly. I click on the message and it read I was in a NO Fly Zone. I know this area and knew that I wasn't. So I drove to one of my practice sites and the same message appeared. I drove home deleted the Go 4 app and installed a new one, set it up and drove back to my practice site. Same message. Drove home installed another new app, refreshed the Firmware, recalibrated the IMU, Updated Flysafe and drove to the practice site again. You guessed it : Red Can Not Fly Message. The drone has over a hundred successful flights until today and flew just like always in the Blue Zone. Now It won't fly. I'm stuck and need some help. Thanks, Bryan.

I discovered something recently about DJI GEO unlocking. Got an "unlock" from DJI for my house. Sync'd to Aircraft in GO 4. Got the "Green" light via GO4. Did a quick flight around the house to verify. Packed up and went to my favorite flying spot about 22 miles from here...wide open fields lined with trees. Pre-flight, started RC/bird, GO 4. Big RED Cannot Take Off! WHAT?? This is Class G! Been flying here for at least a year! I burned thru a considerable amount of battery by rebooting, checking everything in Go 4. Still no go. Close to calling it a frustrated day!
Solution? I had to go into Unlocking in Go 4, tap Aircraft, and tap on the blue "Sync" at the bottom of the page. VOILA! Immediately I got the "Green" light in DJI GO 4. Guess I had to "Sync" to remove the DJI unlock I applied at my home. Always something new to learn!

Reactions: Lukes442
I discovered something recently about DJI GEO unlocking. Got an "unlock" from DJI for my house. Sync'd to Aircraft in GO 4. Got the "Green" light via GO4. Did a quick flight around the house to verify. Packed up and went to my favorite flying spot about 22 miles from here...wide open fields lined with trees. Pre-flight, started RC/bird, GO 4. Big RED Cannot Take Off! WHAT?? This is Class G! Been flying here for at least a year! I burned thru a considerable amount of battery by rebooting, checking everything in Go 4. Still no go. Close to calling it a frustrated day!
Solution? I had to go into Unlocking in Go 4, tap Aircraft, and tap on the blue "Sync" at the bottom of the page. VOILA! Immediately I got the "Green" light in DJI GO 4. Guess I had to "Sync" to remove the DJI unlock I applied at my home. Always something new to learn!
Sounds like a very similar situation. I'm presently off to golf so will try this out later this afternoon. Here's hoping. I'll report back later today. Thanks so much. Bryan.

When in an authorization zone in the field, it will show NFZ in red. To go through the in-app process to unlock, attempt to start motors. That kicks in the prompts to unlock. You do need to have the app have internet access though to proceed with real time unlock.

DJI does often mark runway paths for small airports as authorization zones. I don't consider this a bad thing since too many are not informed about checking for potential air traffic sources nearby. Even if it's G space, it's still a potential hazard to fly near airport runway paths.

Your GENIUS ! I followed your instructions then drove to my practice site and to my great delight I got the ready to go fly green banner. Thank you so much scoble08 your help was greatly appreciated. Bryan.

Reactions: Gindra
When in an authorization zone in the field, it will show NFZ in red. To go through the in-app process to unlock, attempt to start motors. That kicks in the prompts to unlock. You do need to have the app have internet access though to proceed with real time unlock.

DJI does often mark runway paths for small airports as authorization zones. I don't consider this a bad thing since too many are not informed about checking for potential air traffic sources nearby. Even if it's G space, it's still a potential hazard to fly near airport runway paths.
My home until a year or so ago was just outside the NFZ of our local airstrip. Then when the extended runway zones were added my home was inside the NFZ. Hence the occasional need to get a Blue Unlocking code. Which really is not a hardship and easy to do. This time however, the Unlocking Code seem to "interfere" with the AC ability to fly outside the authorized zone. Scobe08 discovered the fix which I applied so now everything is working fine. Thanks for you interest and help in this matter. Bryan.

I had the same problem about a year ago. I forgot to turn off the license before I left the NFZ and it stayed active when I got home. After trying to turn it off the M2P still wouldn't fly. I drove back to the original site and turned it back on and off there. Then went home and everything worked normally.

Whenever you enable any Unlock, everything OUTSIDE of the unlock authorization, ie., the entire rest of the world, becomes an NFZ. To fly outside of the Unlock, you must first disable the Unlock, whether on the ground or in the air. The enabled Unlock also survives any reboot, so you must turn it off, to fly ANYWHERE outside of it, even though you rebooted and travelled hundreds of miles away. Keep the Unlocks off until you need to fly within them. Hope this clarification of how the DJI Unlocks work helps.

Reactions: bcoles and Rnl
Whenever you enable any Unlock, everything OUTSIDE of the unlock authorization, ie., the entire rest of the world, becomes an NFZ. To fly outside of the Unlock, you must first disable the Unlock, whether on the ground or in the air. The enabled Unlock also survives any reboot, so you must turn it off, to fly ANYWHERE outside of it, even though you rebooted and travelled hundreds of miles away. Keep the Unlocks off until you need to fly within them. Hope this clarification of how the DJI Unlocks work helps.
Thanks GadgetGuy, I was not aware of that feature and although I have used Unlock codes I was never faced with the problem that I recently had. Perhaps the 3 day unlock that I usually apply for had expired before my next flight. Lesson learnt for me. Bryan.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thanks GadgetGuy, I was not aware of that feature and although I have used Unlock codes I was never faced with the problem that I recently had. Perhaps the 3 day unlock that I usually apply for had expired before my next flight. Lesson learnt for me. Bryan.
Resyncing your list of Unlocks with DJI servers is another way of turning them all off, but can only be done with wifi access. Turning any green toggles to off while away from wifi does the same thing: lets you fly outside of all the Unlocks, unless that area is also GEO restricted.

Reactions: bcoles

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB