DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can props spin on floor

JayTea26

Reactions
I would like to test my new props from masterscrew. How can I make props just spin while on the ground and not takeoff and how to just stop after vibration test is over.

Use the CSC position to start the motors rather than an auto launch, the motors start at idle. To stop them just hold the throttle closed. Page 44 of the manual.
It might be quite awkward to reach under those blades so do take care, I imagine they could slice fingers quite nicely

Last edited by a moderator:
Just pull down both knobs at the same time down and in towards each other, that will start the motors for you to check for the Ring dance and vibration.

Try to lift by a windows so you can get GPS to keep you still and further check your Props.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow

Reactions: Thomas B
Another approach, using the same manual start at idle Phantomrain mentions, is to start with only one prop installed at a time. This will allow you to more easily hold the underside of each arm to feel for vibration. Remove prop, install another, repeat.

Three are free vibration measuring apps for smart phones if you want to mess with that - I didn't. Instead I balance all new props before use. More MAS arrive unbalanced than do DJI, on average I've found about 20% overall can benefit from balancing.

Reactions: Thomas B
Another approach, using the same manual start at idle Phantomrain mentions, is to start with only one prop installed at a time. This will allow you to more easily hold the underside of each arm to feel for vibration. Remove prop, install another, repeat.

Three are free vibration measuring apps for smart phones if you want to mess with that - I didn't. Instead I balance all new props before use. More MAS arrive unbalanced than do DJI, on average I've found about 20% overall can benefit from balancing.
Are you drill holes in the props to balance. Please explain. Thank you

Are you drill holes in the props to balance. Please explain. Thank you
Heck NO!..you balance a prop by gently removing from the heavy side..by lightly sanding...if you can't do that, you can add to the lighter side by applying light coats of clear nail polish and working towards balance. You never drill a prop, they aren't out that far from balance and if so, toss it or refund/replace ;)

Heck NO!..you balance a prop by gently removing from the heavy side..by lightly sanding...if you can't do that, you can add to the lighter side by applying light coats of clear nail polish and working towards balance. You never drill a prop, they aren't out that far from balance and if so, toss it or refund/replace ;)
Makes sense. Thank you

Neither of the above. I use UHMW-PE tape, but really any good waterproof tape should do. Cut a small piece and place it on the underside of the blade near the hub. If the weight needs to be increase, apply a second or third layer to the first, etc.

Which blade to put the tape on is determined by static balancing the blade using a Dubro Truespin Prop balancer, after aligning the blades to they are exactly 180 degrees from each other. For that I use this jig I made:

eTbbCN7.png
y2TCywD.png

Reactions: hiflyer201
Which blade to put the tape on is determined by static balancing the blade using a Dubro Truespin Prop balancer
Many thanks for that info Bumper! Those look super cool, lots of you tube videos and I have to have one :)

Why is all that? What is the point to replace the original blades?I do not thing that other is better than the original....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard