DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone explain unlocking NFZ zones in DJI?

Pilotjake

Reactions
So I live in a NFZ zone (blue area see picture) and obviously can’t even take off in my own house. DJI is a little confusing on this subject as they make it seem possible to unlock this zone but I’ve seen two different areas of there website to submit an application.

I’m wondering if there is anyway to unlock this zone without having a reason or a permit. For lack of better wording kinda like, “hey I know I live in NFC blue zone. here you can have all my personal info I just want to fly around in my backyard don’t even need to go above 10 meters”

Attachments

• 7485E2B4-A378-4BB1-9CD5-B4F745DCEC81.png
    7485E2B4-A378-4BB1-9CD5-B4F745DCEC81.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
It's a DJI authorization zone. You can unlock it via the GO 4 app provided that you are logged in with a verified account, if that is what you are asking. It's still not legal to fly there without TC authorization.

View attachment 98451

Thanks so I went ahead and submitted in the app and actually got the unlock licence. It was actually really easy. And I can take off in my own house!!!! :D

What your saying though is it’s still illegal to fly? If I were to fly in my back yard only going up say 10 meters I understand that it is risky but if kept below the tree line would I be in any real trouble? Or is it like you take off at all and they know your in their airspace and they come knocking on your door haha

Thanks so I went ahead and submitted in the app and actually got the unlock licence. It was actually really easy. And I can take off in my own house!!!! :D

What your saying though is it’s still illegal to fly? If I were to fly in my back yard only going up say 10 meters I understand that it is risky but if kept below the tree line would I be in any real trouble? Or is it like you take off at all and they know your in their airspace and they come knocking on your door haha

I'm not familiar enough with the situation in Canada to answer that.

Reactions: Pilotjake
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929