DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone test Airmap LAANC authorization for me? Not working here.

Kemper

Reactions
I fly in PHX's class B about every week. Friday I tried, didn't get a text, and Airmap said "authorization rejected." So I tried in a couple other LAANC active airspaces that I've flown in before (Scottsdale and Denver). Same rejected msg. I've started a ticket with Airmap... can anyone test as well? Thanks.

Use KittyHawk. Stay away from Airmap, They are lobbying against Hobby and Commercial UAV operators to restrict airspace up to 400' for UAVs.

I might just do that based on their founder Josh being a hilarious individual! Interesting to see the research about Airmap... will have to read about it more. Thanks.

Ah, you have to have a paid membership to get LAANC authorization in Kittyhawk? Edit: Oh, can't use LAANC on Android device.

Edit again: Got it working on the iPad.... thanks! Strange that the format of the Kittyhawk LAANC authorization number is completely different than Airmap. Strange.

Last edited:
I successfully used AirMap on Android to get a LAANC authorization yesterday. No issues at all.

I'm having no success with LAANC through AirMap. I'm on Oahu, and it says that LAANC is available for the Honolulu International Airport, but when I click to get authorization the app goes to an article explaining what LAANC is, instead of proceeding towards an actual approval.
Additionally, is LAANC through Kittyhawk a free service? Their website says that it is, but when I try to do it on the app it says that it's an "Enterprise Account" feature, which sounds like a paid membership.

I'm having no success with LAANC through AirMap. I'm on Oahu, and it says that LAANC is available for the Honolulu International Airport, but when I click to get authorization the app goes to an article explaining what LAANC is, instead of proceeding towards an actual approval.
Additionally, is LAANC through Kittyhawk a free service? Their website says that it is, but when I try to do it on the app it says that it's an "Enterprise Account" feature, which sounds like a paid membership.
Just fill in your data on AirMap. Check the pull up menus by scrolling from the bottom up. I used it this morning.B8B1D271-46F8-4A5D-80A0-1DE5A17577E0.png

And then it’s impossible to get a paid account. I can’t seem to get an enterprise account no matter how many times I ask Josh

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan