DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is AirMap/LAANC not working for anyone else?

ndserpa

Reactions
I've been trying to submit a LAANC Authorization request as part of a flight plan I'm trying to submit for some Class B airspace. However, AirMap doesn't seem to be properly loading most LAANC-related information -- or at least is doing it so slowly that all of my requests are timing out, preventing me from actually submitting my flight plan. I keep getting prompted to try and reload the information but it consistently doesn't work.

For the record, this is happening across various WiFi networks, devices and browsers.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any idea on how quickly things like this typically get resolved? (I did fill out a support ticket with AirMap.)

Yes, timing out for me too.

I did finally manage to get a request through, but it looks like they are having issues still. AirMap sent out an email saying the site will be down for maintenance tonight.

I did finally manage to get a request through, but it looks like they are having issues still. AirMap sent out an email saying the site will be down for maintenance tonight.
AirMap sent out an email stating they had a scheduled maintenance coming up last night. All services were suspended.

This is a frequent occurrence with AIRMAP lately. That is one reason I try to plan my flights out several days ahead of time, if possible. Usually I request my flight from dusk to dawn. It just happens to be the rainy time of year and I try to cover the whole day just to be able to get some sunshine.

Over the past few weeks it seems Airmap keeps changing. Not long ago most of the restriction icons around the local small private airports disappeared and the app said it was OK to fly in 90% of my local area. Now the other day I fired up Airmap and those restrictions are back... similar to what I saw over a year ago with every small air strip or heliport having a 5 mile radius around it. I thought we can fly in class G and most Class E areas now (without LAANC permission) provided we stay at or below 400' AGL and follow the new rules?

Was supposed to launch for licensed pilots 1st.... then add the hobbyist at the FAA'S convenience...of course

Kitty hawk isn’t working either. The whole point is so you can get authorization in restricted airspace. Then in class B it says the pre approved limit or zero feet anything above that needs further coordination and authorizations. Defeating the purpose. I can’t figure it out.

Then in class B it says the pre approved limit or zero feet anything above that needs further coordination and authorizations. Defeating the purpose. I can’t figure it out.
If you are referring to the grid heights in controlled airspace, they are not 'pre approved'. If you request authorization to fly at or below those heights, you generally will receive near real-time approval. You are not approved until you get that authorization. Anything above those heights will require an authorization/waiver.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627