DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone with the new RC2 controller help please?

Ridgeback65

Reactions
Greetings,
A2s / RC Pro user here considering moving to A3 / RC2. I'm wondering if the Hoodman shade and lanyard bracket that I attach to the RC Pro via the accessory mounting screw holes on the lower edge of the controller (along side the SD card slot and USB port) are the same spacing as the RC2? The remotes are pretty similar in look / shape and both feature a 5.5" screen so I'm hopeful. Ultimately, can you please measure in millimeters the distance between the center of the 2 mounting holes? Better yet, does someone simply know one way or the other if they are alike in with respect to these mounting holes? Thanks!!

Attachments

• rc2.png
    rc2.png
    212.9 KB · Views: 5
It's hard to say how long someone that ran out and got an Air 3 will be able to respond. Chances are if you want an Air 3 and the mounting details you want to know are not the same, will it make any difference if you really want to upgrade to an Air 3??

To clarify, it’s not about whether to upgrade or not. I’m wondering if I should keep my hood mount assembly and lanyard attachment to put on the new RC2 or sell it all along with the RC Pro sale to sweeten that deal as I would no longer need them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
It’s not about whether to upgrade or not. I’m wondering if I should keep my hood mount assembly and lanyard attachment to put on the new RC2 or sell it all along with the RC Pro sale to sweeten that deal as I would no longer need them. As if I’d base the upgrade decision on $50 in accessories. 😄
Tough call there I guess. I would guess its close, but unless you can find someone who has bought one and there are a couple posting of people that ordered one, perhaps you can PM them or add to the thread and see if they can check....

Yes, thanks and please if you can take the time to measure that'd be great. I think he's saying the screws are unchanged from RC1 to the new RC2 (on the side mount). To clarify, I'm wondering if the spacing on RC2 is the same as RC Pro. Just wondering if I should keep the hood and lanyard mount I have from the RC Pro I'm selling if it will fit on the RC2.

So is the GPC bracket for the original RC compatible with the new RC2? I went to their site and it wasn't clear to me--I didn't see a bracket listed specifically for the new RC2. Perhaps they are the same mount size?

So is the GPC bracket for the original RC compatible with the new RC2? I went to their site and it wasn't clear to me--I didn't see a bracket listed specifically for the new RC2. Perhaps they are the same mount size?
Yes! I just moved my lanyard bracket from my DJI RC to my RC2. Perfect fit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian