DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can we fly again in England - Covid?

Banstead

Reactions
Following today's relaxation on the strict Covid lock-down, where we can now enjoy parks without having to exercise. I live in the country and the rules seem primarily targeted at built up areas, so since people are now able to picknick and sunbathe in parks - maintaining appropriate social distancing, I see no reason why I can't now walk into a field on my own and fly drone legitimately on Wednesday 13th as attached.

Attachments

• English COVID Rules.JPG
    English COVID Rules.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: old man mavic
Following today's relaxation on the strict Covid lock-down, where we can now enjoy parks without having to exercise. I live in the country and the rules seem primarily targeted at built up areas, so since people are now able to picknick and sunbathe in parks - maintaining appropriate social distancing, I see no reason why I can't now walk into a field on my own and fly drone legitimately on Wednesday 13th as attached.
yes from Wednesday we can drive to a venue or open ground and take some exercise,this includes fishing ,kite flying and of course in our case flying our drones,we will still have to practice the two meter rule, but as long as thousands of people dont suddenly head to the coast and cover the beach in bodies ,we can even go to the park or seaside lets hope that it doesn't get silly and then we will be back to the current rules

Reactions: charliej
yes from Wednesday we can drive to a venue or open ground and take some exercise,this includes fishing ,kite flying and of course in our case flying our drones,we will still have to practice the two meter rule, but as long as thousands of people dont suddenly head to the coast and cover the beach in bodies ,we can even go to the park or seaside lets hope that it doesn't get silly and then we will be back to the current rules
Only if you live in England , Welsh, Scottish and N Island have not relaxed the stay at home message re excercise Boris Karloff message only applies to England

go figure

The BMFA have sent an email to it’s members stating it’s looking for clarification and will issue a further update once the situation is clear.....just need the weather gods to be kind now!

The BMFA have sent an email to it’s members stating it’s looking for clarification and will issue a further update once the situation is clear.....just need the weather gods to be kind now!
see my post in news should answer your question

Last edited:
see my post in news should answer you question

Hi. Thanks for that. It’s exactly what I want to see.
Having said that I’ll remain cautious and wait for the clarification from BMFA. IF I’m challenged then a recognised body giving their opinion will carry more weight with authority.
Do these regs also apply in Wales? I thought the other 3 parts of the U.K. were being a little more circumspect in their relaxation of the lockdown.

Hi. Thanks for that. It’s exactly what I want to see.
Having said that I’ll remain cautious and wait for the clarification from BMFA. IF I’m challenged then a recognised body giving their opinion will carry more weight with authority.
Do these regs also apply in Wales? I thought the other 3 parts of the U.K. were being a little more circumspect in their relaxation of the lockdown.
at this time its only for England so that counts me out for now

The BMFA have now issued a further update and provided the 2 mt rule is observed along with social distancing in club premises and not touching any gear than your own we should be flying again on Wednesday. They also recommend having a bottle of hand sanitizer in your tool box and using it. I now use vinyl gloves and a face mask when out.
I ordered what I thought was a small consignment of vinyl gloves four weeks ago. Have to admit it was late at night and I was not at my sharpest. 3 days later I became the proud owner of 300 pairs of vinyl gloves. I suddenly became very popular with my friends!

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Yup that's also what BFMA are advising.

Update:
Don’t worry about any official Government directives, just email Dominic Cummings and ask him if it’s ok. And if stopped by the police while flying, just say you’re testing your eyesight by making sure you can see your drone from a distance!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661