DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you fly Mavic 2 Pro if missing right front landing gear/leg?

In case any of you are interested, this is what I have discovered concerning my M2P missing the right front landing leg which had antenna inside.

All I did beside the before -mentioned calibrations was to attach a foam leg to front right arm to level the drone.
When the drone powers on it goes through the props and camera dance as usual. It connects to RC as expected, and when Litchi opens I have a video feed on my tablet.
When I launch the drone and hover, at first, the camera is tilted, but in no time the gimbal readjusts and the horizon is as it should be. I have complete control of the drone and the camera as I did before the crash. It has flown a one minute Litchi mission within VLOS without problem. I have flown it manually over 2200 feet without losing video feed or control of drone.
Earlier when I first really tested it, nothing was recorded on SD card, but I discovered I had unintentional set it to record to internal storage. When I checked there, the video was there. When I played the internal video I was not happy with the video recorded and thought this might be another flaw. But it had been really overcast and when I recorded with the sd card the next sunny day, the video was fantastic as original.

I was planning on spending $40 buck for a new arm-although I am not used to soldering-but except for the missing led and antenna in the broken off leg, my reborn M2P handles like before.
This is my honest experience and I am overjoyed but puzzled over its amazing recovery.

In case any of you are interested, this is what I have discovered concerning my M2P missing the right front landing leg which had antenna inside.

All I did beside the before -mentioned calibrations was to attach a foam leg to front right arm to level the drone.
When the drone powers on it goes through the props and camera dance as usual. It connects to RC as expected, and when Litchi opens I have a video feed on my tablet.
When I launch the drone and hover, at first, the camera is tilted, but in no time the gimbal readjusts and the horizon is as it should be. I have complete control of the drone and the camera as I did before the crash. It has flown a one minute Litchi mission within VLOS without problem. I have flown it manually over 2200 feet without losing video feed or control of drone.
Earlier when I first really tested it, nothing was recorded on SD card, but I discovered I had unintentional set it to record to internal storage. When I checked there, the video was there. When I played the internal video I was not happy with the video recorded and thought this might be another flaw. But it had been really overcast and when I recorded with the sd card the next sunny day, the video was fantastic as original.

I was planning on spending $40 buck for a new arm-although I am not used to soldering-but except for the missing led and antenna in the broken off leg, my reborn M2P handles like before.
This is my honest experience and I am overjoyed but puzzled over its amazing recovery.

Congratulation ! It proves that the antenna inside the broken leg is for diversity receive / transmit. Losing it will result in some reduction in the range instead of total loss of any functions.
Soldering is easy. Get a temperature-controlled soldering iorn and practice on some scarp circuit boards first.
Do exercise GREAT care when inserting that tiny RF connector. Make sure that it is not tilted and perfectly lined up with the connector on the circuit board before pressing it in. Never use excessive force or the connector on the circuit board will be deformed.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki